These Raspberry & Nectarine Mini Cake are tender, moist, delicious and healthy at the same time. They only require a few staple ingredients and 5 minutes to throw together. Make these raspberry and nectarine mini cakes for breakfast, afternoon snack or serve them for dessert. They are both vegan, gluten, oil, nut and sugar free.
Baking things that can be eaten both for breakfast, as an afternoon snack or served for dessert are my favorite bakes! Then you can just bake something delicious that you like and indulge all day round. The funny thing is that most people think “healthy” baking is boring, dry and can’t be as delicious or sweet as a “regular” dessert, which is completely incorrect. When I bake and serve my sweet breakfast, afternoon snacks and treats or desserts people always say “this does not taste that healthy, it tastes like regular sweets/dessert”. Even though they’re usually made without any oil/butter and sugar. There are so many ingredients and ways of making baked goods juicy, moist, flavorful and perfectly delicious with more nutritious ingredients. These raspberry and nectarine mini cakes are a perfect example! They are tender, sweet, delicious yet light and fresh at the same time. They’re made with mashed banana and apple sauce which adds both sweetness and makes them moist and juicy, replacing butter/oil. Oat flour because it’s one of my favorite flours to bake with. It is easy to make by your own at home, very wallet friendly, nutritious and a great alternative if you want to bake gluten free. To add more taste and sweetness to it there is a little bit of sugar free granulated sugar, cinnamon and vanilla that adds a warm and comfy feeling. They are topped with tasty sweet nectarines and raspberries.
A few tips:
- Use a ripe banana to make sure it is really soft and sweet, since it adds both moist and sweetness to the cakes.
- Use a sugar free apple sauce, either home cooked or store bought. If you make your own make sure to use sweet apples and not sour once.
- The amount of sweetener can easily be adjusted according to taste.
- Bake the mini cakes until a toothpick comes out clean, but do not bake them for too long. You don’t want the cakes nor the nectarines and raspberries turn out dry.
- Serve these mini cakes just as they are, with milk in a breakfast bowl, greek yogurt, ice cream or whipped cream.
Ingredients for these Raspberry & Nectarine Mini Cake:
- Apple sauce
- Plant based milk (I used oat milk)
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Oat flour
- Sugar free granulated sweetener
- Baking powder
Other recipes you might like:
- Rhubarb & Cardamom Breakfast Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese Yogurt Soufflé (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Chocolate Baked Oats (Vegan. Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Breakfast Apple Pie (Gluten, Nut, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Protein Mug Cake (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- Porridge Waffles Two Ways (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Dutch Baby with Pears (Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free)
- Banana Dutch Baby (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Cheesecake Tartlet (Gluten, Sugar Free & Low Fat)
- Zucchini Banana Muffins (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Strawberry Mascarpone Dessert with Elderflower (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
Raspberry & Nectarine Mini Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- 1 small Banana mashed
- 3/4 dl Apple sauce
- 1 dl Plant based milk (I used oat milk)
- 5-6 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 2 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 2-4 tbsp Sugar free granulated sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Nectarine pitted and thinly sliced
- 6-88-10 Raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine mashed banana, apple sauce, milk and stevia drops in a bowl.
- Add oat flour, granulated sweetener, cinnamon, baking powder and pinch of salt and mix until combined.
- Pour into two small bowls, top with nectarine slices and raspberries. Bake for 18-21 minutes.
- Serve as is, with milk, yogurt, ice cream or whipped cream.