This recipe is for an easy, fudgy and healthy Chocolate Protein Mug Cake. This mug cake is quick and easy to make, only requires a few easy ingredients and two minutes to throw together. Serve this chocolate mug cake for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. This chocolate mug cake is both gluten, sugar and dairy free.
Chocolate for breakfast, that maybe not what you come to think of first thing you wake up in the morning?! But what if you make it healthy and nutritious? Then it’s definitely a great idea. This chocolate mug cake is made with only a few key ingredients using chocolate protein powder, banana and oat flour as the base. The batter only takes two minutes to make and can be baked both using a microwave or in the oven. If using the microwave it is ready to serve in only three minutes or in 10-15 from the oven. It is perfect to make if you want something healthy, nutritious, delicious and easy at the same time. I served my mug cake with vegan Greek yogurt, blueberries and pistachio nuts. Serve this chocolate mug cake for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. It is both gluten, sugar and dairy free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to use a ripe banana that is soft and mushy.
- The amount of xylitol can be adjusted according to taste, and will also depend on how sweet your protein powder is.
- You can sub the protein powder for cacao powder and some additional sweetener if preferred. But you might need less cacao powder in that case.
- Bake the mug cake on highest power in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (depending on how fudgy you prefer your cake) or bake it on 200 degrees Celsius for 10-15 minutes.
Ingredients for this Chocolate Mug Cake:
- Plant based milk
- Chocolate protein powder
- Oat flour
- Baking soda
Other recipes you might like:
- Three Ingredients Banana Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Healthy Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Granola Tartlet with Nutella Cream (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Oven Baked Banana Pancake (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Pancake Popovers (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- Chocolate Cheesecake Tartlet (Gluten, Sugar Free & Low Fat)
- Layered Overnight Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Porridge with Fried Banana (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Dutch Baby with Pears (Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free)
Chocolate Protein Mug Cake (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- 1/2 Banana mashed
- 2 tbsp Plant based milk
- 1-2 tsp Xylitol (optional)
- 1/2 dl Chocolate protein powder
- 3/4 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- A pinch of Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Vegan or dairy free yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- If using the oven preheat it to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine banana and milk in a bowl.
- Combine chocolate protein powder, oat flour, xylitol, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Grease a mug or small bowl using coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Pour the batter to the bowl and run go highest power in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on how fudge you prefer your mug cake.
- Serve with yogurt, berries and Pistachio nuts.