This recipe is for a delicious, creamy and warming Chocolate Porridge with Fried Banana. This recipe only requires a few staple ingredients and takes 10 minutes to make. Serve this chocolate porridge for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. This chocolate porridge is both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
Porridge is such a delicious and wonderful breakfast dish! And it can be varied endlessly so you never have to get tired of it. You can really flavor it anyway you want and have a breakfast tasting just way you want. Chocolate porridge is one of my favorite flavors. It’s like combining a healthy, warming and nutritious breakfast with dessert! Making a chocolate breakfast porridge is really like combining the best of two worlds. I also really love the rich and intense taste that it has compared to a plain porridge that can feel a bit bland. This porridge is ready in only 10 minutes and served with coconut oil fried banana, peanut butter and crunchy granola. I mean is there a more iconic combo than chocolate, banana and peanut butter? It’s like a match made in heaven. Having the rich and a little bitter cacao taste combined with the sweet fried banana and nutty peanut butter. Not to mention the crunchy granola on top. This chocolate porridge is great to serve both for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. It is both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
A few tips:
- You can adapt the amount of cacao powder depending on how rich and intense chocolate taste you prefer.
- I used half milk and half water when making this porridge. But you can easily adapt the split depending on your preferences.
- Make sure to preheat the pan well before frying the banana. The banana should get warm and golden brown but not mushy. You still want some chewing resistance.
- I used peanut butter for this porridge since I love how well it pairs with chocolate and banana. But you can swap it for any other nut or seed butter that you like or prefer.
Ingredients for this Chocolate Porridge with Fried Banana:
- Rolled oats
- Plant based milk
- Cacao powder
- Fiber syrup
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Peanut butter
Other recipes you might like:
- Layered Overnight Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Quinoa Porridge with Plum Compote (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Overnight Chia Oats with Peach Sauce (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Vanilla Overnight Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Oatmeal Bars with Berries (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Amaranth Porridge with Apples & Cinnamon (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Chocolate Porridge with Fried Banana (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the chocolate porridge
- 2 dl Rolled oats
- 2 dl Water
- 2 dl Plant based milk
- 1-3 tbsp Fiber syrup or agave (depending on how sweet you prefer your porridge)
- 4-5 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
For the topping
- 2 Bananas peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 2-4 tbsp Peanut butter
- Granola, to taste
- Milk, to serve (optional)
- Add the ingredients for the porridge to a pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let it shimmer 6-10 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some coconut oil.
- When the pan is hot add the sliced banana and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- When the porridge is done divide between two bowls, top with fried banana, peanut butter and granola. Add milk to the bowl if prefered.