This is a warming and delicious breakfast oatmeal that tastes like carrot cake. This oatmeal is perfect to make when you want something that tastes like a dessert, yet still is healthy and nutritious. This oatmeal is both vegan, gluten, grain and sugar free.
I guess oatmeal doesn’t sound too appealing? At least that’s what I thought until I started to experimenting and making lots of different oatmeals. I kind of related it to when we went skiing during winter break. Then we just made a simple oatmeal with raspberry jam on top. It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t anything special. You got warm, full and could ski until lunch. And since then I’ve never thought of it as anything exciting. But as said, then I started experimenting and trying to incorporate all my favorite flavors to my oatmeals. And they can be everything but blad and unexciting! This carrot cake oatmeal has all the flavors of a carrot cake! You have all the warming spices, grated carrots and a lovely coconut cream melting on top, topped with walnuts! Ok, I have to admit, its not the same thing as eating a carrot cake… but if you want to make a delicious and healthy breakfast that remind you of a dessert – this carrot cake oatmeal is a must try! Also, it’s the best way of eating you daily does of vegetables without even noticing it!
Ingredients for this Carrot Cake Oatmeal:
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Coconut cream
Other recipes you might like:
- Cauliflower Porridge with Rhubarb & Pistachio Nuts (Paleo Friendly)
- Grain Free Chocolate Tahini Granola (Vegan, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Baked Spiced Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Granola & Nut Stuffed Baked Pears (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Carrot Cake Oatmeal (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- 2 dl Oats
- 4 dl Water
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 dl Carrot grated
- 4 tbsp Coconut cream whipped
- 2-3 tbsp Walnuts roughly chopped
- Additional cinnamon, to top
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add the oats, cinnamon and ginger and reduce to low/medium heat.
- Let the oats cook for five minute, then add the grated carrots.
- Let it shimmer on low heat until the oatmeal has thickened and oats are soaked. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile whip the coconut cream or use already whipped one.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Divide the oatmeal between two bowls. Add whipped coconut cream, walnuts and additional cinnamon in top.
One thought on “Carrot Cake Oatmeal (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)”