This recipe is for a delicious, healthy and warming Chocolate Baked Oats. This chocolate baked oats is super easy to make, only requires four main ingredients and two minutes of your time. Serve this chocolate baked oats for breakfast or afternoon snack. This chocolate baked oats is both vegan, gluten and refined sugar free.
I love varying regular cooked oats with oven baked oats. Making oven baked oats almost taste and feels like eating a cake for breakfast or afternoon snack. And the best thing is that you can flavor it just as you like or what you’re in the mood for. And this time I really felt like making a chocolate flavored oven baked oats. And it literally tastes like a chocolate cake. This oven baked oats is made both with rolled oats and steel cut oats, just because I love how the steel cut oats add a nice chewing resistance and contrast to the soft and creamy rolled oats. But if you prefer to only use rolled oats then you can go ahead and just use rolled oats. This chocolate baked oats is topped with nut butter, chopped walnuts and sliced banana. It is perfect to serve for a warming and delicious breakfast or afternoon snack. It is both vegan, gluten and refined sugar free.
A few tips:
- Adapt the amount cacao powder according to how strong chocolate taste you prefer.
- You can swap the steel cut oats for more rolled oats if preferred. But I love the texture and taste the steel cut oats add to this baked oats.
- You can use and milk you like and prefer.
- Don’t bake the oats for too long so it gets dry. It should be baked through but still moist and creamy.
- This oven baked oats can be baked and then reheated if you want to prepare it in advance.
Ingredients for this Chocolate Baked Oats:
- Rolled oats
- Steel cut oats
- Cacao powder
- Plant based milk
- Almond butter
- Walnuts (or any other nuts)
Other recipes you might like:
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Baked Spiced Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Amaranth Porridge with Apple & Cinnamon (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Oatmeal Bars with Berries (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Vanilla Overnight Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Quinoa Porridge with Plum Compote (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cardamom Berry Baked Oatmeal (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Layered Overnight Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
Chocolate Baked Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
For the baked oats
- 1 1/2 dl Rolled oats
- 3/4 dl Steel cut oats
- 1/2-3/4 dl Cacao powder
- 2 dl Plant based milk
- 4-5 drops Stevia vanilla drops (optional)
- A pinch of Salt
For the topping
- 2-4 tbsp Almond butter
- 4-5 Walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 Banana sliced
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all the ingredients for the oats in a bowl and divide between two small oven safe bowls.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the topping.
- Take out of the oven and top with nut butter, chopped walnuts and sliced banana.