This recipe is for a delicious, flavorful and super easy Cardamom & Berry Baked Oatmeal. This oatmeal only requires a few staple ingredients, is easy to vary and only require five minutes of your time to prepare. It is perfect to serve for breakfast or afternoon snack and also great to prepare in advance. It is both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
Oatmeal is such a great breakfast that can be varied endlessly. It is both nutritious, healthy, easy to make and very wallet friendly. There are so many different ways of preparing it, like just cooking it, make overnight oats or make an oven baked oatmeal. Oven baked oatmeal is a great alternative to make when you want it to feel a bit more filling and comforting, it almost has a bit of a caky feeling to it. It is also great to make in a big batch and when you want to prepare it in advance. This cardamom & berry baked oatmeal is both flavorful from the spices, sweet from the banana, fresh from the raspberries and creamy from the baked oat. It is topped with a crumble that I made using a cardamom and seed oatmeal. But don’t worry, you can also prepare the crumble yourself in just two minutes. Serve this baked oatmeal for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. This baked oatmeal is both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to mash the banana thoroughly so you don’t have any too big pieces. It should be smooth and easy to incorporate in the oatmeal and crumble.
- I used raspberries for this oatmeal but you can use any fruits or berries that you like or have at home.
- I used a ready cardamom and seed oatmeal for the crumble. But you can easily make the oatmeal crumble on your own.
- The baking time may vary a little bit depending on the form of your pan, if it’s flat or a bit higher. The oatmeal is ready when the crumble is golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the oatmeal cool for a few minutes before serving it.
- This oatmeal is perfect to prepare in advance and reheat. When reheating it put it on low temperature (100 degrees Celsius) in the oven for about 10 minutes or reheat it in the microwave.
- This oatmeal is good to store in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Ingredients for this Cardamom & Berry Baked Oatmeal:
- Almond milk
- Cardamom and seed oatmeal or
- Sunflower seeds
- Chia seeds
- Apple sauce
Other recipes you might like:
- Baked Spiced Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Quinoa Porridge with Plum Compote (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Overnight Chia Oats with Peach Sauce (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Oven Baked Banana Pancake (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar, & Oil Free)
- Amaranth Porridge with Apples & Cinnamon (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Cardamom & Berry Baked Oatmeal (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the oatmeal
- 5 dl Oats
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 ripe Banana peeled and mashed
- 3 1/2 dl Almond milk
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 dl Raspberries (or any other berries)
For the crumble
- 2 1/2 dl Cardamom and seed oatmeal (see note 1) or the next four ingredients
- 2 dl Oats
- 2 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 ripe Banana mashed
- 2 tbsp Apple sauce
- A pinch of Salt
- Preaheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Combine the ingredients for the oatmeal in a bowl. Stir to combine well. Pour into a loaf or baking pan.
- Combine the ingredients for the crumble in a bowl and spread on top of the oatmeal mixture.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30-40 minutes, until the crumble is golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.