This recipe is for healthier, easy and super delicious Blue & Blackberry Cheesecake Chocolate Bars. They only require 10 minutes of your time and a few staple ingredients. They are perfect to serve for breakfast or afternoon snack since they’re sugar free and less fat but also delicious enough to have for dessert. They are both gluten, sugar free and made with less fat.
Okokokok, there is No dessert that I love as much as a good cheesecake! It has everything! It is both creamy, sweet, fresh, slightly tangy and salty and can be flavored just according to your taste. I love a lighter cheesecake using a mix of creme cheese and yogurt. It makes it lighter, more tangy and light, making sure you don’t end up in a food coma that many other cheesecakes can. These cheesecake chocolate bars are divine, healthy and perfect to make and serve for dessert, afternoon snack or even breakfast since they’re light, fresh and sugar free. The combination of crunchy chocolate crust together with the fresh, light and creamy cheesecake is just divine. Not to mention the fresh and delicious black and blueberry sauce on top. Because the only thing I love more than cheesecake is cheesecake combined with chocolate and berries! These cheesecake chocolate bars are perfect to make and eat throughout the week. They are both gluten and sugar free and made with less fat.
A few tips:
- Start by cooking the berry topping and let it cool whole preparing the rest. I like to leave the chunks and whole berries in my sauce to get more texture. But if you prefer it more smooth you can run it through a strainer.
- Make sure to press the crust thoroughly making it hold together before baking it. This will make sure it won’t break or fall apart when baked. Bake the crust until it starts to get golden brown and hold together.
- When making the cheesecake filling make sure no to over mix the cheesecake batter.
- You can adjust the sweetness of the cheesecake depending on your preferences.
- Bake the cheesecake bars until the edges have set but the center still is a bit wobbly. It will set when cooled down.
- Don’t cut the bars until they have cooled completely, otherwise you might break them.
Ingredients for these Blue & Blackberry Cheesecake Chocolate Bars:
- Oat flour
- Cacao powder
- Apple sauce
- Coconut oil
- Stevia sugar
- Creme cheese reduced fat
- Greek yogurt
- Corn starch
- Lemon juice
Other recipes you might like:
- Cherry Cheesecake (Light & Healthy)
- Creme Cheese Filled Banana Muffin Cups
- Chocolate Cheesecake Tartlet (Gluten, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Spiced Sheet Cake (Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
Blue & Blackberry Cheesecake Chocolate Bars (Gluten, Sugar Free & Less Fat)
For the crust
- 2 dl Oat flour
- 1 dl Cacao powder
- 3/4 dl Apple sauce
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/2-1 dl Stevia sugar
For the cheesecake
- 200 g Creme cheese (reduced fat if desired)
- 3 dl Greek yogurt quark
- 1 1/2-2 dl Stevia sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp Corn starch
- 1 tso Lemon juice
For the topping
- 50 g Blackberries
- 50 g Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/2 tbsp Corn starch
- Start by preparing the topping by adding all ingredients to a small pot and bring it to a shimmer. Let it cook on low heat until reduced and thickened. Turn off the heat and let it rest.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Line a 20*20 cm baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the ingredients for the crust and place on the bottom the baking sheet and press down until it is even and hold together. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until it has is a bit browned and firm.
- Meanwhile add creme cheese, yogurt and sugar to a high speed blender or mixer. Add one egg at a time and mix in between. Make sure not to mix for too long, just until incorporated.
- Next add the corn starch and lemon juice and mix again.
- When the crust is done in the oven pour the cheesecake batter over it and even out using a silicon spatula.
- Dollop the blue and blackberry sauce over the cheesecake. Then using a knife make swirls in the cheesecake.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. The cheesecake should be firm at the edges but still a bit wobbly in the center. Take it out, let it cool and it will set. Cut into bars.