This recipe is for easy, crispy and delicious Savory Oat Waffles Italian Style with Burrata & Cherry Tomatoes. This recipe calls for a few key ingredients and only takes 15-20 minutes to make. Serve these waffles as an appetizer, pre-dinner snack, starter or for brunch. These waffles are gluten free.
Waffles might most often be accosted with a savory topping? At least that’s the first thing I think of when I think of waffles. But this is a delicious and flavorful savory version of waffles. These waffles are made with oat flour, hence making them more nutritious than regular waffles. The batter only calls for five ingredients and is so easy and quick to mix together. The topping is Italian inspired using a creamy burrata, fresh, juicy and sweet cherry tomatoes, a delicious and flavorful tomato pesto, fresh basil and crunchy pistachio nuts. These waffles are really easy to make, only require a few easy ingredients and takes maximum 20 minutes to prepare. Serve these Italian inspired waffles as a starter, pre-dinner snack, appetizer or for brunch. These waffles are gluten free.
A few tips:
- Make sure the waffle iron is really hot before you add the batter to it.
- Make sure to grease the waffle iron thoroughly with coconut or olive oil, but the bottom and upper part of the waffle iron.
- You can either fry one big waffle and then cut it into smaller pieces, or just add about one tablespoon of batter in the middle of the waffle iron and make fry smaller waffles.
- I like to store my waffles in the oven on about 100 degrees Celsius to keep them warm while the rest of the waffles are getting ready to prevent the waffles from getting cold.
- Use good quality cherry tomatoes and not the bland tasteless once. It really makes a huge difference.
- Make sure to serve the waffles warm, at least to my taste they taste better that way.
Ingredients for these Savory Oat Waffles Italian Style with Burrata & Cherry Tomatoes:
- Oat flour
- Baking powder
- Milk (I used oat milk)
- Coconut or olive oil
- Fresh spinach
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red pesto
- Fresh basil
- Pistachio nuts
Other recipes you might like:
- Bresaola Chips with Goat Cheese Cream & Hazelnuts (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Mini Meatball, Mozzarella & Tomato Bites (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Ricotta, Prosciutto & Home Made Cranberry Jam Toast (Gluten Free)
- Prosciutto & Fig Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
- Fresh Figs with Goat Cheese & Prosciutto (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Toast with Balsamic Roasted Cherries & Ricotta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Zucchini Rolls with Ricotta & Prosciutto (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Asparagus, Prosciutto & Mozzarella (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Bresaola Chips with Tomato, Mozzarella & Mango Salsa (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Ricotta, Beetroot & Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Caprese Bites (Vegetarian, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Ricotta & Tomato Galette (Gluten Free & Lower Fat)
Savory Oat Waffles Italian Style with Burrata & Cherry Tomatoes (Gluten Free)
For the waffles
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 3/4 dl Milk of choice
- Coconut or olive oil, to fry
For the topping
- 10-20 Spinach leaves
- 1 Burrata
- 10 Cherry tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes of different color) cut in half
- 5 tsp Red pesto
- Fresh basil, to top
- Pistachio nuts, to top roughly chopped
- Turn on you waffle iron and let it get really warm.
- Meanwhile combine the ingredients for the waffle batter.
- When the waffle iron is warm add some coconut or olive oil to it.
- Add the batter to the waffle iron. Either add about one tablespoon if batter in the middle of the waffle iron and bake until golden brown, then repeat with the remaining (that's what I did). Or add batter to cover the whole waffle iron and bake until golden brown and then divide the waffles into smaller pieces. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- I like to place my waffles in the oven while making the rest so that they stay warm. I put the temperature to 100 degrees Celsius.
- When the waffles are ready place 2-3 spinach leaves on each waffle.
- Divide the burrata into smaller pieces (I just tear it apart) and place on top of the spinach. Top with cut cherry tomatoes, red pesto, fresh basil and roughly chopped pistachio nuts.
- Serve immediately while the waffles are warm.
2 thoughts on “Savory Oat Waffles Italian Style with Burrata & Cherry Tomatoes (Gluten Free)”