This recipe is for quick, delicious, light and fresh Zucchini Rolls with Ricotta & Prosciutto. These zucchini rolls only require four key ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. They are perfect to serve as appetizers, finger food or to include in a buffet. They are both gluten, grain free and low carb.
I love making different kinds of appetizers and finger foods. And these ones are one of my all time favorites. They are flavorful, delicious and creamy yet light and fresh at the same time. With a thin grilled slice of zucchini, filled with creamy ricotta, salty prosciutto and peppery arugula is just divine and everything I need in a delicious snack. These zucchini rolls only require four ingredients, 10 minutes of your time and are really easy to make. Serve them as appetizers, pre-dinner snacks, finger food or include them in a buffet. They are both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Preferably use a mandolin when slicing the zucchini to make sure you have evenly thick slices.
- When grilling the zucchini grill them in a really hot pan. You want them to get grill marks and a bit warm, yet not fully cooked though and soggy.
- Use a high quality ricotta and prosciutto. Since they are the main ingredients in these snacks you want them to be of high quality.
Ingredients for these Zucchini Rolls with Ricotta & Prosciutto:
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Ajvar Filled Zucchini Rolls
- Pear & Serrano Bites (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Aubergine Rolls with Spiced Cauliflower Couscous Salad
- Beetroot Bites Filled with Goat Cheese Cream (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Caprese Bites (Vegetarian, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Bresaola Chips with Tomato, Mozzarella & Mango Salsa (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Beef Tataki Appetizer Rolls (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Zucchini Rolls with Ricotta & Prosciutto (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 10 slices Zucchini thinly sliced lengthwise into 1-2 mm thin slices
- 10 slices Prosciutto
- 10 tbsp Ricotta
- Black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Olive oil, to fry
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Slice the zucchini into 1-2 mm thin slices preferably using a mandolin.
- When the grill pan is really hot fry the zucchini for 1-2 minutes on each side. It should just get a bit warm and tender and grill marks start to form.
- When the zucchini slices are ready put them on a cutting board.
- Add about one tablespoon of ricotta on each slice, spreading it evenly on the zucchini slice. Top with black pepper according to taste (if using).
- Put a slice of prosciutto on top of the zucchini slice.
- Add a few arugula leafs at one end of the zucchini.
- Roll together starting where the arugula is.
- Repeat with the rest of the slices.
One thought on “Zucchini Rolls with Ricotta & Prosciutto (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)”
This looks wonderful! I’m definitely going to try it. You’ve assembled some of my favorite ingredients in a new way (at least new for me), and the low-carb aspect is a plus.