This is an easy, quick and delicious recipe for Mini Meatball, Mozzarella & Tomato Bites. These mini meatballs bites only require a few key ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. They are perfect to serve as appetizers, finger food or include them in a buffet. They are both gluten and low carb.
A mix of Sweden and Italy – Mini meatball bites with mozzarella and cherry tomatoes! We love our meatballs in Sweden, and it is one of the things we’re most know for. The same goes for Italian capers made with mozzarella and tomato. But what happens when you combine these two and make them appetizer style? You end up with these delicious, flavorful yet light and fresh mini bites! These meatball, mozzarella and cherry tomato bites are both easy to make, taste delicious and will be appreciated by everyone! These mini meatballs bites with mozzarella and cherry tomatoes are both gluten and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use good quality mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. It makes the biggest difference since they are key ingredients in this recipe.
- Add spices according to taste.
- Don’t over mix the meatballs, then they will turn out too dense. The mixture should just come together.
- The same goes for when you roll the meatballs. Roll them until they form round balls, but don’t roll them too long or tight.
- I like to fry my meatballs to begin with so that they get a nice surface and then oven bake them, because that makes them more tender and juicy. But you can just pan fry them or just bake them in the oven if you like.
Ingredients for these Mini Meatball, Mozzarella & Tomato Bites:
- Ground beef
- Onion powder
- Dry basil
- Dry oregano
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Mozzarella balls
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
Other recipes you might like:
- Caprese Bites (Vegetarian, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Beef Tataki Appetizer Rolls (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Korean Beef Tartar (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Sliders with A Taste of Swedish Christmas
- Asparagus, Prosciutto & Mozzarella (GLuten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Mini Meatball, Mozzarella & Tomato Bites (Gluten & Low Carb)
- 200 g Ground beef
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Dry basil
- 1 tsp Dry oregano
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 15-17 Mozzarella balls
- 15-17 Cherry tomatoes
- 15-17 leafs of Fresh basil
- 15-17 Toothpicks
- Preheat one or two big nonstick pans over medium heat.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Meanwhile the pan gets warm combine beef, garlic, onion powder, basil, oregano, sea salt and black pepper on a bowl. Mix until combined, but don't mix for too long!
- Roll equally sized meatballs (preferably the size of the mozzarella balls and cherry tomatoes).
- Fry the meatballs for a few minutes, until they are golden brown and have a nice surface.
- Place the meatballs in an oven safe baking pan and bake for 5-7 minutes (depending on how raw or well done you prefer them).
- When the meatballs are done, take a toothpick, add a meatball, a piece basil leaf, tomato and mozzarella. Repeat until all meatballs are arranged on a toothpick.