This recipe for a Persimmon & Burrata is silly easy and quick to make and taste amazing. This recipe really comes together in maximum five minutes and only requires two main ingredients. Serve this dish as a light lunch, appetizer or side dish. It is easily adapted and can be made nut free. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
Ok, one of my all time favorite combinations (or to be honest, not all time… but for the two past years I’ve come to love it) is seasonal fruits and cheese. And especially seasonal fruit combined with burrata or mozzarella and topped with some kind of crunchy and fresh topping. This one is no exception! Every year I tend to forget how much I love persimmon, and then they turn up at the store, and of course I always buy them… because they’re in season.. But when I get that first bite, Im like “how come I forget how wonderful, tasty, sweet and creamy they are each year?” Persimmon are perfect to eat on their own, add to your breakfast bowl, but they’re also great I savory dishes. You can for example find stuffed persimmon or a delicious persimmon carpaccio on by blog. They are truly such a versatile fruit that combines well with sweet as well as savory ingredients. This persimmon and burrata dish is silly easy to make and only requires five minutes of your time. I topped this one with crunchy and salty pistachio nuts and fresh mint. A little drizzle of honey or balsamic vinegar, and olive oil if you like it is just divine on top. Serve this dish as an appetizer, starter, lunch or side dish. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
A few tips:
- Use a high and creamy burrata. The burrata is one of two main ingredients, you better make it a good one. Otherwise this dish will turn out more bland and boring than if you use a god and creamy one. It costs a little more, but since your only using two ingredients, it’s not a huge expense.
- Use sweet and medium ripe persimmon. You want them to be tender, sweet and juicy, but not over ripe or too hard.
- I topped my persimmon and burrata with mint and pistachio nuts. But you can use sunflower or pumpkin seeds if you want it to be nut free. And basil is also wonderful to top this dish with.
- Drizzle some honey/agave and/or olive oil on top if preferred.
Ingredients for Persimmon & Burrata:
- Pistachio nuts
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Roasted Tomatoes on A Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Radish Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Galia Mean Salad
- Citrus & Mozzarella Salad (Gluten Free)
- Peach & Mozzarella Caprese
- Burrata with Fresh Figs (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Halloumi & Sweet Potato Stack (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
Persimmon & Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 1 Burrata divided into smaller pieces
- 2 Persimmon diced
- Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Mint roughly chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste (optional)
- Remove the top of the persimmon and then dice it to equally sized pieces.
- Divide the burrata into smaller pieces and scatter/dollop over the persimmon.
- Top with roughly chopped pistachio and mint. And season with black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil (if prefered, I did not use it)