This is a delicious, crispy and easy recipe for a Roasted Radish Salad. This salad only requires a few ingredients, is really easy to make and only requires five minutes of your time (the rest is taken care of by the oven). Serve this salad for lunch, side dish or make a bigger one and serve it as main course. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
Have you ever tried roasting radishes in the oven? Roasted radishes have a similar taste to roasted potatoes. They get crunchy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside, with the sharp flavor naturalized when baked. Due to the similar taste and texture when baked they are a good low carb alternative to regular roasted potatoes. But why I love making them is due to the color that it adds to the meal. I truly believe that colorful food makes you happier, makes a dinner more interesting and festive. This roasted radish salad is served with crunchy green leafs, a herby and fresh yogurt dressing, rich, tangy and creamy feta cheese and crunchy pomegranate seeds and sunflower sprouts. This salad is really such a wonderful mix of textures, colors and flavors and pairs well with just about everything. You can serve this salad for lunch, side dish or make a bigger bowl and have it for main course. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Bake the radishes on high heat in the oven to make sure they get browed on the outside, soft and tender on the inside but still not over baked.
- Toss the radishes thoroughly in olive oil to make sure all parts are covered to get a brown and crunchy outside. But don’t use too much oil to get them too greasy.
- I used parsley and mint when making my herb dressing but you can use any herbs or chives that you like or have at home.
- Serve this salad warm, it taste much better warm when the warm radishes combines with the fresh and herby yogurt sauce and the creamy and tangy feta cheese.
Ingredients for this Roasted Radish Salad:
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Mixed green leafs
- Greek yogurt
- Mixed herbs
- Feta cheese
- Pomegranate seeds
- Black pepper
Other recipes you might like:
- Baked Feta Cheese And Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Tomatoes On A Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Shaved Carrot Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
Roasted Radish Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Olive oil
- 10-15 Radishes trimmed and washed
- Sea salt, to taste
- A hand full of Mixed green leafs
- 1/2 Scallion (both white and green part) thinly sliced
- 1/2 dl Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp Mixed herbs (I used parsley and mint) minced
- 1-2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 package Feta cheese crumbled
- 2-3 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Place the trimmed and washed radishes in an oven safe baking dish. Drizzle some olive oil and sea salt on top. Toss to make sure it coats all parts of the radishes. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes (until softened, crispy and golden).
- Meanwhile combine yogurt, herbs, lemon juice and season with sea salt and black pepper according to taste. Set aside.
- Place the mixed green leafs on a plate.
- When the radishes are done place them on top of the mixed salad.
- Top with sliced scallion, herb yogurt, feta cheese and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve warm.