This recipe is for an easy, delicious and healthy Grain Free Chocolate Tahini Granola. This recipe only requires five minutes of your time and a few staple ingredients. Use this chocolate tahini granola to top your breakfast, snack or dessert or use it in baking. This chocolate tahini granola is both vegan, gluten, grain, sugar, oil free and low carb. It is also easy to vary depending on food and taste preferences.
To be honest I almost never buy granola anymore. Im usually either disappointed on the texture, flavor or feel that they didn’t add enough of the ingredients or add-ins that I love the most. Not to mention that it’s quite expensive compared to making your own. Making your own granola opens a whole new world where you can mix and match just as You like! Not having to compromise or be without any of your favorite ingredients. Not to mention that it usually also is much healthier than the store bought once. My latest obsession is chocolate granola, and not just any chocolate granola, but This chocolate tahini granola. This chocolate tahini granola is perfect to make if you love chocolate and want a rich, flavorful and tasty granola. The nutty and earthy tahini flavor with a hint of bitterness combines amazingly with chocolate and makes it even more rich and flavorful. I actually prefer my chocolate granola less sweet and more bitter and rich, therefore I didn’t add any sweetener to my granola. But it you want to sweeten it you can add liquid sweetener or sweeten it with home made date sauce. I also have a nut free version of this granola.
A few tips:
- I used almonds, pecan nuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds and coconut flakes when making this granola. But you can use any nuts that you like or have at home. I recommend you to use at least 3-4 different to add different flavors and textures from the nuts.
- I love making this granola without any sweetener, letting the cacao powder and tahini really be the star of this granola without any sweetener sharing the spotlight. But if you like to sweeten it that’s totally fine and you can use either a liquid sweetener or a date sauce (2 dates mixed with 2-4 tablespoons of water) to sweeten it.
- The baking time may vary depending on which nuts you use, how runny your tahini is and if you choose to add a sweetener to it. So I would say this granola takes 30-60 minutes to bake. It is ready when it’s dry and crunchy.
- Stir the granola about halfway to make sure all parts get the change to bake evenly.
- I also made a nut free version of this granola.
Ingredients for this Grain Free Chocolate Tahini Granola:
- Pecan nuts
- Sunflower seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao powder
- Sea salt
- Date or liquid sweetener (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Nut Free Chocolate Tahini Granola (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Grain Free Coconut Granola (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Granola Butter
Grain Free Chocolate Tahini Granola (Vegan, Sugar & Oil Free)
- 1 dl Almonds roughly chopped
- 1 dl Pecan nuts roughly chopped
- 1 dl Walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 dl Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 dl Flaxseeds
- 1/2 dl Coconut flakes
- 3-4 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1/2-3/4 tbsp Tahini (depending on how strong tahini taste you like and how runny the tahini is)
- 1-2 tbsp Liquid sweetener or date sauce (mix 2 dates with 2-3 tbsp water depending on how big and dry your dates are) I did not use any sweetener
- 1 tsp Sea salt (optional, but highly recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the dry ingredients except for the sea salt in a bowl.
- Add the tahini and liquid sweetener (if using) and combine well until all part are well covered.
- Put on a parchment covered baking sheet in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (if using) and bake in the lower part of the oven for 30-45 minutes (or until dry). Stir halfways.
- Take out, let it cool completely then store in a air tight.