This recipe is for an easy, delicious and healthy Nut Free Chocolate Tahini Granola. This recipe only requires five minutes of your time and a few staple ingredients. Use this chocolate tahini granola to top your breakfast, snack or dessert or use it in baking. This chocolate tahini granola is both vegan, gluten, nut, sugar and oil free. It is also easy to vary depending on food and taste preferences.
To be honest I almost never buy granola anymore. Im usually either disappointed on the texture, flavor or feel that they didn’t add enough of the ingredients or add-ins that I love the most. Not to mention that it’s quite expensive compared to making your own. Making your own granola opens a whole new world where you can mix and match just as You like! Not having to compromise or be without any of your favorite ingredients. Not to mention that it usually also is much healthier than the store bought once. My latest obsession is chocolate granola, and not just any chocolate granola, but This chocolate tahini granola. This chocolate tahini granola is perfect to make if you love chocolate and want a rich, flavorful and tasty granola. The nutty and earthy tahini flavor with a hint of bitterness combines amazingly with chocolate and makes it even more rich and flavorful. I actually prefer my chocolate granola less sweet and more bitter and rich, therefore I didn’t add any sweetener to my granola. But it you want to sweeten it you can add liquid sweetener or sweeten it with home made date sauce. I also have a Grain Free version of this granola.
A few tips:
- I used oats, pumpkin, sunflower and flaxseeds and coconut flakes when making this granola. But you can use any seeds that you like or have at home. I recommend you to use at least 2-3 different to add different flavors and textures from the nuts.
- I love making this granola without any sweetener, letting the cacao powder and tahini really be the star of this granola without any sweetener sharing the spotlight. But if you like to sweeten it that’s totally fine and you can use either a liquid sweetener or a date sauce (2 dates mixed with 2-4 tablespoons of water) to sweeten it.
- The baking time may vary depending on which nuts you use, how runny your tahini is and if you choose to add a sweetener to it. So I would say this granola takes 30-60 minutes to bake. It is ready when it’s dry and crunchy.
- Stir the granola about halfway to make sure all parts get the change to bake evenly.
- I also made a grain free version of this granola.
Ingredients for this Nut Free Chocolate Tahini Granola:
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao powder
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Grain Free Chocolate Tahini Granola (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Sugar, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Grain Free Coconut Granola (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Granola Butter
Nut Free Chocolate Tahini Granola (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- 3 dl Oats
- 1/2 dl Pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 dl Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 dl Flaxseeds
- 1/2 dl Coconut flakes (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1/2-3/4 dl Tahini (depending on how stron tahini taste you prefer)
- 1 tsp Sea salt (optional, but strongly recommended)
- 1-2 tbsp Liquid sweetener or date sauce (2 dates mixed with 3-4 tbsp water depending on how big and dry the dates are) I did not use any sweetener in mine
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the dry ingredients except for the salt in a bowl.
- Add tahini and sweetener (if using) and combine well until all parts are well covered.
- Put on a parchment covered baking sheet in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (if using) and bake in the lower part of the oven for 30-45 minutes (or until dry). Stir halfways, or a few times more if needed.
- Let it cool and store in an air thigh jar.
If you’re interested in the grain free version you can find it here