This recipe is for an easy, quick, fresh and super delicious Raw Pad Thai. It only requires a couple of ingredients and take maximum 10 minutes to make. Serve it for lunch, as a starter, side salad or main course. This salad is both vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb.
Pad Thai is one of my favorite dishes when traveling in Asia! It’s so flavorful, delicious and perfectly combined. I also love making Pad Thai at home, since Im a huge fan of Asian food. It’s really such a wonderful dish with lot of fresh and intense flavors. As much as I love a classic Pad Thai I sometimes crave something lighter, very quick and easy. That’s when I make a raw Pad Thai. My version is slightly different from a classic Pad Thai, I for example excluded the tamarind in this raw Pad Thai. Instead it’s made with staple ingredients that most people have at home. This dish is very light, fresh but still has a lot of flavor from the sauce. It is the perfect mix of fresh, crunchy, creamy and a bit spicy. If you want to make it more filling you can add some tofu, chicken, shrimps or scampi on top. This salad is perfect to serve for lunch, as a starter or side dish or to have for main course. It is also perfect for meal prep purpose. It is both vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- You can either spiralize or julienne the zucchini and carrot.
- Slice the snow peas and bell pepper very thinly. You don’t want to have any too thick pieces in the salad. Everything should be thin and light, making the perfect combination that can be fitted into one bite.
- I used almond butter for the sauce, but you can use any nut (or seed) butter that you like.
- You can adapt the amount of chili, fresh ginger, garlic and lime according to taste. Start by adding a little and then check if more is needed.
- If the sauce is too thick add a little bit of water to it.
Ingredients for this Raw Pad Thai:
- Snow peas
- Red bell pepper
- Red chili
- Cashew nuts
- Almond butter (or any other nut or seeds butter)
- Sesame oil
- Fiber syrup or agave
Other recipes you might like:
- Half Baked Salad (Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free)
- Tofu Bowl with a Spicy Tamarind Dressing (Vegan, Gluten & Oil Free)
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad Bowl (Vegan, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Gran Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Salmon Poké Bowl (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
Raw Pad Thai (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
For the salad
- 1 Zucchini spiralized or julienned
- 2 Carrots spiralized or julienned
- 1 Scallion thinly sliced
- 10 Snow peas thinly sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 Red chili seeded and thinly sliced
- A hand full of Cashews, to top
- Cilantro, to top
- Mint, to top
- 1 Lime, to top cut into wedges
For the sauce
- 3 tbsp Almond (or any other nut butter)
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 1-2 Garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2-2 tsp Ginger peeled and grated
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Fiber syrup or agave
- 1- 1 1/2 tbsp Lime juice
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl. Add some water if needed to thin. Taste to check if any more seasoning is needed. Set aside.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the cashew nuts and dry roast while preparing the vegetables. Stir regularly so they don't burn.
- Spiralize, slice and mince the vegetables and put in a big bowl. Mix and combine well.
- Pour the sauce over the salad and mix well making sure all parts are covered by the sauce.
- Place in two bowls and top with fresh mint, cilantro and roasted cashew nuts. Serve with lime wedges on the side.