This is a quick and easy raw Zucchini & Poke Beet Summer Salad that comes together in just 5 minutes and includes a hand full of ingredients. Serve this salad as a side dish or make it your main course and add your favorite protein on top. This salad is both vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A simple and easy raw salad using seasonal ingredients might sound boring but might also be just the thing that adds that nice, fresh, crispy and summery feeling to a dinner! We like to make things too advanced and complicated at times, when what’s really missing is a simple and fresh dish on our dining table. Especially when made with fresh, seasonal vegetables that are so flavorful, tasty and beautiful in color. And that’s the second thing. Using raw fresh vegetables add all the wonderful and lovely colors that makes you happy just by looking at them. This salad is a really crispy one using zucchini, polka beet and radishes as the main ingredients. These vegetables have a mix of peppery, sweet, juicy and fresh. You also have fresh spinach to add a light and fresh taste, blueberries that provide a sweet and creamy taste and texture and sesame seeds to add some crunchy and a little earthy flavor.
A few tips:
- Use fresh and juicy vegetables to make sure they don’t feel or taste soggy, dry or bitter.
- I used a mandolin to slice my vegetables, otherwise it’s very hard to get them really thin.
- You can add the sliced vegetables to ice cold water for 20 minutes to make them extra crispy.
- This salad is delicious on its own. But you can also drizzle some lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar or make a fresh yogurt sauce to serve with it.
Ingredients for this Zucchini & Pola Beet Summer Salad:
- Green leafs
- Polka beet
- Sesame seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Raw Pad Thai (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Zucchini Carpaccio (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- All Green Salad (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Raw Beetroot Carpaccio with Fennel & Pomegranate Seeds (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Tofu Bowl with A Spicy Tamarind Dressing (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Cucumber Radish Salad (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Zucchini Carpaccio with Ricotta Cream (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Beetroot Carpaccio with Strawberries (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Zucchini & Polka Beet Summer Salad
- A hand full Green leafs
- 1 Zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 Polka beet washed and thinly sliced
- 2-3 Radishes thinly sliced
- 10-15 Blueberries
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Slice all the vegetables (I used a mandolin) and place in a bowl with ice cold water. Let it sit for 20 minutes, then drain. (This step can be skipped).
- Put the green leafs on a plate.
- Add the sliced vegetables.
- Top with blueberries and sesame seeds