I love making sauces/jams out of seasonal fruits and vegetables. My latest creation is this peach sauce. Its sweet, creamy and fresh. It only takes 20 minutes to cook and there is no added sugar in it, since the peaches are sweet enough on their own.
This peach sauce is lovely to add to your oatmeal, yoghurt, use as a spread on bread or use in baked goods. Just like you would use a store bought peach jam.
Ingredients for the peach sauce/jam:
- Cinnamon (optional)
- 3 Peaches pitted and diced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 50 ml Water
- Bring water to a boil in a pot
- Add peaches and cinnamon and let it shimmer for approximately 20 minutes until most of the water has steamed away. If the water steames out before peaches are soft and tender add a little more. Stir occasionally.
- If you want a smooth sauce mix the it with a hand mixer