This is a easy, quick and healthy Plum Compote that comes together in only 15 minutes. I made my compote using stevia instead of sugar to give it a bit of sweetness. I also added cinnamon and some ginger to make it a little bit more stingy. And I must say! The combination of plum, cinnamon and ginger is fantastic. It give it a more intense taste and balances out the sweetness from the stevia. But the cinnamon and ginger is optional and really delicious even without.
This Plum Compote is perfect for adding on your oat meal, eating with yoghurt, making desserts or even putting it on a toast with some cream cheese.
Ingredients for this Plum Compote:
- Stevia sugar (or regular sugar)
Plum Compote with Cinnamon & Ginger (Sugar Free)
- 5-10 Plums (depending on the size) cut in hald and pitted
- 2-3 tbsp Stevia granular sugar (or more if you prefer it sweeter, you can also use regular sugar)
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cm Freshly ground ginger (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a pot.
- Add the pitted plums, sugar, cinnamon and ginger to the pot and lower the heat. You just want enough water to cover the plums.
- Make sure the water doesnt boil, it should just shimmer.
- Let it shimmer for 10-15 minutes until the plums are soft and the water has reduced a little. The time will depend on how big your plums are.