This is a tender, moist and flavorful Almond Poppy Seed Cake with Plums. This cake is quick and easy to prepare only requiring 10 minutes of your time. Serve this cake as a sweet treat or dessert. It is both gluten, oil and sugar free.
A wonderful, tender, juicy yet delicate cake baked with almond flour. This cake is a great way of using wonderful sweet and tart plums and combining them with lovely crunchy and slightly nutty flavor from the poppy seeds. Since almond flour is rich in fat this cake needs no additional oil or butter, but still turns out tender and moist. This cake is fresh, light, tasty yet not too sweet, which is perfect for this cake not to make it overwhelming. If you prefer a sweeter cake you can of course add more granulated sweetener. The plums on top add a wonderful extra sweet yet tart taste, also making the cake more moist and tender, but also provide a nice texture to it. Serve this cake as a sweet treat or dessert. It is both gluten, grain, sugar and oil free.
A few tips:
- Don’t use too tart or sour plums. Try to find plums that are sweet with a slight tart flavor.
- Do not over mix the batter, mix just until incorporated.
- The amount of sweetener can be adapted according to taste. I prefer this cake less sweet, but if you want to make it a bit sweeter you can add more granulated sweetener. Taste the batter and add more sweetener according to taste.
- Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the spring form.
Ingredients for this Almond Poppy Seed Cake with Plums:
- Unsweetened plant based milk
- Fiber syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Stevia granular sugar (or regular sugar)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Almond flour
- Potato starch
- Tapioca flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Poppy seeds
- Slivered almonds
More baking recipes you might like:
- Cherry Cheese Cake
- Mini Strawberry Cakes
- Rhubarb, Strawberry & Vanilla Custard Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Galette (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar Free & Lower In Fat)
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, GLuten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Cherry Chocolate Crumble Bars (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Peach & Almond Cake (GLuten & Sugar Free)
- Raspberry Crumble Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Plum Cobbler (Vegan, GLuten, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Walnut & Honey Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (Gluten, Oil & Refined Sugar Free)
- Blueberry Poppy Seed Muffins (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Almond Poppy Seed Cake with Plums (Gluten Free, Sugar Free)
- 4 Eggs (Flax eggs might work as well)
- 3/4 dl Unsweetened plant based milk (I used almond)
- 1/2 dl Fiber syrup (or any other liquid sweetener)
- 5 drops Vanilla Stevia drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 dl Granulated sugar free sweetener
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2-1 Lemon (depending on how strong lemon flavor you prefer) zest
- 5 dl Almond flour
- 4 tbsp Tapioca flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 3-4 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 7-8 Plums pitted and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp Slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line or grease a spring form.
- Combine almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and poppy seeds in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs together with granulated sweetener until slightly fluffy in a bowl.
- Add milk, stevia drops, liquid sweetener, apple cider vinegar and lemon zest to the mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and blend until incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the lined spring form.
- Arrange plums on top in circles.
- Sprinkle slivered almonds on top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes. Check using a toothpick if it comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool before cutting and serving.