This is a lovely, rich, tasty and moist Chocolate Sour Cream Plum Cake. This cake is both easy and quick to make, using healthy staple ingredients. Serve this cake as an afternoon snack, dessert, include it in a dessert buffet or serve it as a birthday cake. It is both gluten, sugar, nut and oil free.
A rich and decadent chocolate cake pairs best with some sweet and tangy fruits is you ask me. I have two favorite pairings; cherries and plums! So when craving a chocolate cake during fall I truly recommend you to try this easy, rich, tasty, super moist and just incredibly delicious chocolate sour cream plum cake. Not only do you have the wonderful combo of chocolate and plums, you also have an addition of sour cream. Sour cream is wonderful to use in baking. It adds moist, makes a cake tender but also contributes with a fresh milky and rich flavor with a slight acidic tang, which cuts off the bitterness of the chocolate so perfectly. This cake is just sweet enough, so very tender and moist with a rich chocolate flavor, a lovely plum jam swirl in the cake batter and tender plum slices on top. This cake is perfect to make for dessert, as a birthday cake or just to serve as an afternoon snack. It is both gluten, sugar, nut and oil free baked with healthy ingredients. So you can really eat it all day round.
A few tips:
- Use sweet and not too tart plums when making this cake.
- Use ripe but firm medium sized plums.
- I cooked my own plum jam according to this recipe. But you can use any plum jam that you have or can find in the store. Preferably a healthier refined sugar free one.
- Whisk your eggs and sugar really fluffy until it almost doubles in size. Do not skip this step. This cakes 3-4 minutes.
- The amount of sweetener can be adjusted according to how sweet you prefer your cake.
- Let the cake cool completely before you remove it from the spring form.
- Using cacao powder on top is optional, but recommended.
Ingredients for this Chocolate Sour Cream Plum Cake:
- Sugar free granulated sweetener
- Ripe banana
- Apple sauce
- Sour cream
- Oat flour
- Cacao powder
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Plum jam
Other recipes you might like:
- Almond Poppy Seed Cake with Plums (Gluten, Grain, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Polenta Cake with Mascarpone Cream & Figs (Gluten, Egg & Sugar Free)
- Hazelnut Cake with Whipped Creme Fraiche & Cherry Jam Topping (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Chocolate Oat Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Almond Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Brownie Hazelnut Ice Cream Bars (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Raspberry Crumb Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Vanilla Ricotta Cake with Raspberries (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Balsamic Roasted Strawberries & Cream Cheese Frosting (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Red Velvet Chickpea Brownie (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Walnut Honey Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (Gluten, Oil & Refined Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Mulled Wine Mini Cake with Cranberry Jam (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Apple Ricotta Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Covered Brownie Cakesicle (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Cheesecake Tart (Gluten, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Chocolate Lava Cake (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chai Spiced Pear Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Chocolate Sour Cream Plum Cake (Gluten, Sugar, Nut & Oil Free)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2-2 dl Sugar Free granulated sweetener
- 1/2 Ripe banana mashed
- 1/2 dl Apple sauce
- 1 dl Sour cream
- 2 dl Oat flour
- 3/4 dl Cacao powder + extra to top
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 3/4 dl Plum jam (see note 1 for the recipe I used or use any plum jam you have)
- 2 Plums pitted and cut into wedges
- If making your own plum jam cook it in advance.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 16-18 cm spring form.
- Combine oat flour, cacao powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Add eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk for 3-4 minutes, until the mixture becomes fluffy and turns slightly pale.
- Add mashed banana, apple sauce and sour cream. Stir gently until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients little by little, folding them in gently into the wet ingredients.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the lined spring form.
- Dollop plum jam over the batter and make big swirls using a knife or skewer.
- Add the remaining batter on top.
- Arrange the sliced plums in circles on top.
- Bake in the oven for 38-44 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Take out and let the cake cool completely before you remove it from the spring form.
- Remove from spring form and top with cacao powder (optional).