This is a rich chai spiced pear cake that is perfect to bake during autumn. This cake is crunchy on the edges but so soft, tender and juicy on the inside. It is topped with a delicious oat crumble that pairs so well with the tender cake. It is both gluten and sugar free. This is the perfect fall cake to make that will be appreciated by everyone. It is naturally sweetened with pear purée and a little bit of stevia to keep it healthy and sugar free.
I think that pears are underestimated when baking. They bring a delicious sweetness and tenderness to the baked goods. As a result this cake is crunchy on the edges but soft, moist and tender on the inside. To make it healthy and naturally sweetened I used pear pure and just a little stevia sugar. This cake has a rich yet tender taste. It’s spiced with cinnamon, cardamom, all spice, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. The rich spices makes such a divine combination with the sweet and tender pears. Due to the pear purée this cakes keeps moist for several days without getting dry.
Ingredients for this Chai Spiced Pear Cake:
- Oat flour
- Almond flour
- Cassava flour
- Fiber syrup
- Nut butter (I used almond)
- Ground ginger
- All spice
- Baking powder
- Ghee (or butter)
- Stevia granular sugar
Other cake recipes you might like:
- Cherry Cheese Cake
- Almond Poppy Seed Cake with Plums
- Mini Strawberry Cakes
- Seven Ingredients Salted Caramel Pecan Pie (Vegan, GLuten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Pumpkin Muffins (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Chai Spiced Pear Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free, Naturally Sweetened with Fruit)
For the crumble
- 1 dl Gluten free oats
- 1/4 dl Oat flour
- 1 tbsp Almond flour
- 3 tbsp Fiber syrup (or any other liquid sweetener)
- 0,5 dl Nut butter (I used almond)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 0,5 tsp Nutmeg
For the cake
- 2 dl Cassava flour
- 1 dl Almond flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp All spice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1,5 tsp Baking powder
- 1,25 dl Ghee (or butter)
- 2-4 tbsp Stevia granular sugar (or coconut sugar or regular sugar)
- 2 Eggs
- 0,5 dl Pear pureé
- 1,5-2 Pears peeled, cored and diced
- Line or grease a spring form.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celcius.
- Make the pear pureé by running a pear in a blender until it has the texture of pureé. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the crumble in a bowl and set aside.
- Add ghee and sugar in a blender with a paddle attached and mix until fluffy (takes a couple of minutes).
- Add the eggs one by one and mix well.
- Continue by adding the pear pureé and continue mixing.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet little by little until you have a smooth batter.
- Finally fold in the diced pears and combine until they are integrated in the batter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared spring form.
- Add the crumble on top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 45-50 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting.