Sometime you want cake, but not a whole cake. Then these cute Mini Strawberry Cakes are your go to. They are so easy to make and everyone will love them. Did I mention they are gluten free, dairy free, grain free, sugar free and vegan? And they will taste delicious!
The base for these cakes are muffins made out of apple sauce, nut butter, almond flour and coconut flour. I used apple sauce as sweetener in the muffins. I just baked the muffins, turned them upside down, divided them in two and filled with vanilla cream and whipped coconut cream and topped with strawberries. For the vanilla and whipped coconut cream I used stevia drops as sweeteners. But you can replace that with any sweetener you like.
Ingredients for the Mini Strawberry Cakes:
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Unsweetened apple sauce (preferably home made)
- Nut butter
- Baking powder
- Lemon juice
- Almond milk
- Tapioca flour
- Vanilla stevia drops/vanilla extract
- Coconut milk
Mini Strawberry Cakes
For the muffins
- 1,5 dl Apple sauce
- 0,5 dl Peanut butter
- 0,5 dl Almond butter
- 0,5 dl Almond flour
- 1 tbsp Coconut flour
- 0,5 tsp Baking powder
- 0,5 tsp Lemon juice
- 4-5 drops Vanilla stevia drops
- 1-2 tbsp Liquid sweetener (if you prefer sweeter cakes) (optional)
- 8 Strawberries cut in quarters
- 1 Strawberry sliced
For the vanilla cream
- 1 dl Almond milk
- 0,5-0,75 tbsp Tapioca starch
- 3-4 drops Vanilla stevia drops or 1 tsp vanilla extract + 1-2 tbsp liquid sweetener
For the whipped cream
- 1 dl Full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all the ingredients for the muffins except for the strawberries.
- Divide the batter between five muffin forms.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).
- Let them cool while prepareing the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the milk and stevia/vanilla extract and sweetener in a pot and let it shimmer.
- Add the tapioca starch (start with 0,5 tbsp) and whisk continiously until the cream thickens. Add more tapioka starch if the cream is too thin.
- Set aside and let it cool.
- Add coconut milk and vanilla extract in a bowl and whip until the cream is firm.
- Divide the muffins in two piecies horizontally.
- Use the bigger part of the muffin as the bottom.
- Add vanilla cream on the bottom part of the muffin.
- Place the cut strawberries around the edges of each muffin, cut side facing out.
- Add whipped cream on top of the vanilla cream.
- Place the top part of the muffin on the whipped cream.
- Top each cake with additional whipped cream and a strawberry slice.
5 thoughts on “Mini Strawberry Cake (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Sugar Free)”