Artichokes are not only beautiful to watch, they’re also filled with nutrition and taste delicious. Some people might think there’s a lot of work for little food. But I totally think it’s worth it. Today I made artichokes boiled in lemon water and then grilled until soft. I served them with a light and fresh Lemon & Caper dip.
Grilled artichokes are perfect to serve as an appetizer or side dish. I also love bringing them for a picknick to add that something extra and unexpected. I love how this lemon caper dip makes the dish feel much more fresh and light than serving it with olive oil or butter as you usually get them.
Ingredients for the Grilled Artichokes with Lemon & Caper Dip
- (Vegan) Yoghurt
Grilled Artichokes with Lemon & Caper Dip
A light and fresh appetizer or side dish
- 2 Artichokes cut in four
- 2 tbsp Vegan yoghurt (or regular yoghurt)
- 1,5 Lemon, juiced
- 0,5 Lemon, zest
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Capers roughly chopped
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot that fits the artichokes.
- Add the juice from one lemon and 1 tsp salt.
- Boil artochokes until they are al dente (aroun 20 minutes, but it may vary depending on their size)
- Put on a grill until soft
- Combine yoghurt, salt, lemon juice, lemon zest and capers in a small bowl
6 thoughts on “Grilled Artichokes with Lemon & Caper Dip”