A recipe for easy, quick, fresh and delicious Garlic Fried Runner Beans. These runner beans are made with five easy ingredients and ready to serve in 10-15 minutes. Serve these garlic fried runner beans as a main course with some feta cheese or halloumi on top, as an easy and light lunch or snack or as a side dish to your main course. These garlic fried runner beans are vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb.
I love beans and I love bean season. They are delicious, easy to prepare, nutritious and just so beautiful to look at! There are so many delicious ways or preparing beans, but these garlic fried beans with a drizzle of lemon juice and sea salt on top is my favorite. So simple, jet so very delicious. These beans make a perfect light lunch, snack, side dish or even main course. Since they pair well with just about everything they’re great to serve with both fish, chicken and meat… or include them in a sharing dinner or buffet.
A few tips:
- Use fresh, juicy and crunchy beans. You want them to turn out warm but still crispy and juicy.
- Make sure the frying pan is really warm before you add the sliced garlic to it.
- Have pan at medium/high heat to make sure you get a nice golden brown surface and that the beans get warm, bust still not cooked through and soft.
- Do not fry the beans for too long so they turn all soft.
Ingredients for these Garlic Fried Runner Beans:
- Runner beans
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
Other vegetable recipes you might like:
- Wax Bean Fried (Oil Free)
- Zucchini Carpaccio
- Grilled Romaine Lettuce
- Rosted Summer Vegetables
- Sugar Snap Salad with Lemon & Chive Dip
- Grilled Artichokes with Lemon & Caper Dip
Garlic Fried Green Beans
- 200 g Runner beans
- 2-3 Garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/" Lemon juiced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with a little olive oil.
- When the pan is warm add the sliced garlic and fry for 1 minutes.
- Add the runner beans and fry for approximately 6-7 minutes until golden brown. They should still be a little crunchy.
- Top with fresh lemon juice and sea salt.
- Serve warm!