I love beans and I love bean season. This is a simple and delicious runner bean recipes that make the perfect side dish or even light lunch! There are so many delicious ways or preparing beans, but just making them garlic fried with a drizzle of lemon juice and sea salt is my favorite. So simple, jet so very delicious.
This side dish pairs well with just about everything! It’s delicious with both fish, chicken and meat. You can also eat it as a light lunch, or include it in a buffet table or when making lot of small dishes. I like to fry them on quite high heat, so that they get warm and a nice and browned surface, but still keep a bit of the crunch.
Ingredients for these Garlic Fried Runner Beans:
- Runner beans
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
Other vegetable recipes you might like:
- Wax Bean Fried (Oil Free)
- Zucchini Carpaccio
- Grilled Romaine Lettuce
- Rosted Summer Vegetables
- Sugar Snap Salad with Lemon & Chive Dip
- Grilled Artichokes with Lemon & Caper Dip
Garlic Fried Green Beans
- 200 g Runner beans
- 2 Garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with a little olive oil.
- When the pan is warm add the sliced garlic and fry for 1 minutes.
- Add the runner beans and fry for approximately 6-7 minutes until golden brown. They should still be a little crunchy.
- Top with fresh lemon juice and sea salt.
- Serve warm!