This is a healthy breakfast, snack or dessert option using my home made Plum Compote with Cinnamon & Ginger. The compote is sugar free with a touch of cinnamon and ginger. The pairing of tangy yogurt with the sweet and spicy plum compote is delicious.
Since the compote is sugar free (only using stevia) this is a great breakfast option, healthy snack or even a delicious and healthy dessert. It’s light and fresh, yet filled with lot of flavor from the plums, ginger and cinnamon. The combination of the plums and spices together with the fresh tangy yogurt is divine. I like to serve my compote warm, just because it intensifies the spices in the compote and I love the combination of cold yoghurt and warm plums. But it is just as delicious to serve cold. You can add a drizzle of agave or honey on top if you prefer it even sweeter. I topped it with some roughly chopped hazelnuts to add a bit of crunch and nutty flavor to it.
Ingredients for this Yoghurt with Home Made Plum Compote:
- Home Made Plum Compote
- Agave or honey (optional)
Other fruit recipes you might like:
Yogurt with Home Made Plum Compote & Hazelnuts
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- 4-6 tbsp Plum compote
- 1 tbsp Hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Agave or honey (optional)
- Add yogurt on two plates.
- Put the compote in a small pot and let it get warm on low heat (if eating warm)
- Add the compote on top of the yogurt.
- Add agave or honey on top if using.
- Sprinkle roughly chopped hazelnuts on top.