This recipe is for a delicious, creamy Grilled Avocado with Roasted Quinoa. This dish is super easy to make, only takes 15 minutes of your time and requires a hand full of ingredients. It is perfect to serve as a starter or a side dish along with your main course. It is both vegan and gluten free.
Have you ever tried putting an avocado on the grill? If not, you really should. It’s such a nice side dish to serve along with fish or meat or to eat on its own. The creamy and a bit warm avocado just melts on your mouth. This grilled avocado is served on a salad bed together with oven roasted quinoa and topped with sesame seeds, lemon juice and beetroot sprouts. This dish is both delicious, flavorful yet light and fresh. It only takes 15 minutes to make and requires a hand full of ingredients.
A few tips:
- I like to brush my quinoa using a brush not to get it too oily or greasy. But you can also just add quinoa to a bowl and pour olive oil into it and stir.
- Don’t bake the quinoa for too long, it should just get golden brown and crunchy. Make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Use a hot grill or grill pan to fry the avocado.
- The avocado should fry just until grill marks start to form and get a little warm. It should not be baked though or get too soft.
Ingredients for the Grilled Avocado with Roasted Quinoa:
- Green leafs
- Sesame seeds
- Beetroot sprouts
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Grilled Artichokes with Lemon & Caper Dip
- Roasted Summer Vegetables
- Grilled Romaine Lettuce
- Wax Bean Fries (Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Grilled Aubergines & Zucchini with Hazelnut Pesto & Ricotta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
Grilled Avocado with Roasted Quinoa
- 1 Avocado peeled and pitted
- 0,5 dl Quinoa
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- A hand full of Green leafs
- 0,5 Lemon juiced
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- Some Beetroot sprouts to top
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Mix quinoa and olive oil. I like to use a brush not to get it too greasy.
- Put quinoa in a oven safe dish and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes (until golden brown). Stir once or twice during the baking time.
- Prepare the grill (or use a grill pan if you dont have a grill).
- When ready, put the avocado with cut side down. Grill approximately for 5 minutes or until grill marks form. Don't grill for too long.
- Put the green leafs on a plate.
- Sprinkle the oven baked quinoa over the salad.
- Put the grilled avocado on top of the green leafs.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and lemon juice.
- Top with beetroot sprouts.