Have you ever tried putting an avocado on the grill? If not, you really should. It’s such a nice side dish to serve along with fish or meat. The creamy and a bit warm avocado just melts on your mouth. Today I made it with some oven roasted quinoa to add some crunch and nutty flavor to the dish. I served it on a bed of salad leafs and topped it with sesame seeds, lemon juice and beetroot sprouts. It’s very fresh and light, but still satisfying and the perfect side dish.
Ingredients for the Grilled Avocado with Roasted Quinoa:
- Green leafs
- Sesame seeds
- Beetroot sprouts
- Olive oil
Grilled Avocado with Roasted Quinoa
- 1 Avocado peeled and pitted
- 0,5 dl Quinoa
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- A hand full of Green leafs
- 0,5 Lemon juiced
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- Some Beetroot sprouts to top
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Mix quinoa and olive oil.
- Put quinoa in a oven safe dish and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes (until golden brown).
- Prepare the grill (or use a grill pan if you dont have a grill).
- When ready, put the avocado with cut side down. Grill approximately for 5 minutes or until grill marks form. Dont grill for too long.
- Put the green leafs on a plate.
- Sprinkle the oven baked quinoa over the salad.
- Put the grilled avocado on top of the green leafs.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and lemon juice.
- Top with beetroot sprouts.