Lettuce can be quite boring and bland. It’s not the most exciting vegetable or maybe the first thing that you might serve as a side dish. But just by putting the lettuce on the grill you can make it a lovely and really delicious side dish. By grilling it it adds a lot of taste, its warm, but still crispy. It’s such a lovely side dish to serve to all kind of main dishes.
This side dish comes together in only 10 minutes. But be sure to not overcook it so it doesn’t get soggy. You just want the lettuce to get grill marks and a bit warm.
Ingredients for this Grilled Romaine Lettuce:
- Romaine lettuce
Other recipes you might like:
- Garlic Fried Runner Beans
- Wax Bean Fried (Oil Free)
- Roasted Summer Vegetables
- Grilled Artichokes with Lemon & Caper Dip
Grilled Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Romaine lettuce quartered
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Light up the grill or a grill pan over medium/high heat.
- When really warm put the lettuce on the grill/grill pan and grill for approximately 2 minutes on each side. Don't grill for too long, you don't want it to get soggy. You only want it to get grill marks and a bit warm.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the lettuce and serve immediately.