This is an easy, delicious and delicious Grill Platter. This platter only requires a few vegetables and watermelon and 20 minutes of your time. Serve this grill platter as an appetizer, starter or as a side dish to your main course. This grill platter is both vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb.
Who doesn’t love summer and grill season? And all the delicious food that can be thrown on the grill? A BBQ dinner might be one of the coziest, most fun and delicious things that you can do during summer, allowing everyone to gather around the grill and almost making it an event. And it really doesn’t have to be advanced or complicated at all. Just take your favorite protein and vegetables, add some spices and fresh herbs and put them on the grill. It kind of can’t go wrong! And why stop at vegetables when you can grill fruits as well?! This grilled platter is perfect to make either as an appetizer or starter with a nice dip sauce or to serve along with some protein. It is really easy to make and you really can’t go wrong with it. And it pairs with just about everything! This grilled platter is both vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- You can use either a grill or a grill pan to make this grill platter.
- Make sure the grill or grill pan is really hot before you put the vegetables on it.
- Start by grilling the point cabbage since it takes the longest time to get ready.
- Put the rest of the vegetables on the grill after about 10 minutes.
- The vegetables should get warm, a bot softened and grill marks should appear. But you don’t want them to grill for too long so that they are fully cooked though.
- Add the watermelon at the end, when you have about 4 minutes left of the grill time. The watermelon should really just get some grill marks and a little warm, but not cooked though. Then it will turn out soggy.
- Grill this platter just when ready to serve. It tastes much better straight from the grill.
Ingredients for this Grill Platter:
- Point cabbage
- Camelina seeds (or any other seeds)
- Camelina or oilve oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Roasted Summer Vegetables
- Grilled Romaine Lettuce
- Roasted Tomatoes On A Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed
- Roasted Beets & Carrots (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Grilled Aubergine & Zucchini with Hazelnut Pesto & Ricotta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
Grill Platter (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free, Low Carb)
- 1 Point cabbage cut into wedges
- 1 Zucchini cut into quarteres lengthwise
- 1/2 Aubergine sliced
- 8 Radishes
- 4-6 Watermelon slices
- 1 Lemon cut in half
- 2-3 tbsp Fennel thinly sliced on a mandolin
- Arugula, to top
- Camelina seeds (or any other seeds), to top
- Camelina or olive oil, to fry or grill
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan and brush it with camelina or olive oil.
- Cut all the vegetables.
- Start by grilling/frying the point cabbage since it takes longest time to grill.
- After 10 minutes add the rest of the vegetables and grill or fry until grillmarks start to appear.
- Add the watermelon when about three minutes of the grill time remains. Grill just until grill marks start to form.
- Place on a plate or cutting board and top with shaved fennel and arugula. Sprinkle with some lemon juice and camelina seeds (or any other seeds) and serve warm as a appetizer/starter or along with your main course.