This recipe is for a flavorful, delicious and easy Roasted Point Cabbage with Scallion Salsa. This recipe only requires a few ingredients and 30 minutes to get ready. It is perfect to serve for lunch, as a main course or side dish to your main course. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
Eating only vegetables does Not have to be boring! Just look at this dish… does it look boring to you? There are so many different and delicious vegetarian meals to make, and they always never require much of your time or effort. This roasted point cabbage is a great example! This dish comes together in inly 30 minutes and most of the time is taken care of by the oven. This dish is really lovely, flavorful, delicious and still light and fresh at the same time. You have the delicious roasted point cabbage that has a hint of sweetness mixed with quickly fired asparagus that still are a bit crunchy, and then the topped with a fresh, zesty, acid and a hint of hot charred salsa and shaved parmesan cheese on top. This dish is really perfect to make when you want a fresh, light yet very flavorful meal. It is perfect to serve for lunch, main course or to include in a sharing dinner. It is both gluten and grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Bake the point cabbage on quite high heat (200 degrees Celsius). This makes the point cabbage bake and get a bit softened, yet not fully cooked though yet will have a lovely brown color.
- As mentioned above, the point cabbage should be warm, softened but still hold some texture and crunch.
- The salsa can be prepared in advance or baked together with the point cabbage at the same time. If making it at the same time turn off the oven 2-3 minutes before the point cabbage is done while you prepare the scallion salsa. But I would recommend you to prepare it in advance.
- Fry the asparagus on medium/high heat. It should get browned and a bit softened but still be crunchy on the inside.
- You can swap the parmesan cheese for any other cheese you like if you want to make this dish vegetarian.
Ingredients for this Roasted Point Cabbage with Scallion Salsa:
- Point cabbage
- Charred Scallion Salsa
- Parmesan cheese (or any other cheese)
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Roasted Cabbage On A Tahini Yogurt Dressing
- Glazed Point Cabbage with Spicy Dressing (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Grill Platter (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Roasted Point Cabbage with Scallion Salsa (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 1 Point cabbage cut into wedges
- 6 Asparagus
- 4-6 tbsp Charred Scallion Salsa (check recipes above)
- Parmesan cheese, to taste shaved
- Sea salt, to taste
- Olive oil
- 1/2-1 Lemon juiced
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Cut the point cabbage into four wedges. Keep the borrom stem since it will hold the cabbage together, and it will be good to eat when baked. Add olive oil (if prefered, I did not use it) and season with sea salt. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- When about five minutes remain of the cooking time for the point cabbae preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- When the pan it hot remove them bottom dry part from the asparagus and fry in the pan (with some olive oil if desired) just until golden brown and a bit softened. It should still hold some crunch and not be fully cooked though.
- Place two point cabbage wedges on each plate. Add asparagus on top and top with scallion salsa and shaved parmesan cheese. Squeeze some lemon juice on top if desired.