This is a recipe for a delicious, flavorful and super easy Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Chanterelles. This dish only requires a few key ingredients and is really easy to make. Serve this dish as a starter, main course or side dish. It is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
Making a cauliflower steak is such a good idea if you want to eat vegetarian or vegan, but still want something that feels a bit “meaty”. Cauliflower steak is a very effortless dish that is so easy to make since you only have to put it into the oven and let it roast. Meanwhile you can just prepare the topping that you want to eat it with. This cauliflower steak if perfect to make during fall and mushroom season. This dish is a wonderful combination of flavors and textures. You have the tender roasted cauliflower, fried chanterelles and the strong and tangy pecorino cheese. This dish is tasty and flavorful but still has a light and fresh feeling to it. Serve this cauliflower steak as a starter, main course or side dish. It is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- I prefer to only use a little bit of olive oil, usually brushing it just gently not to make it too heavy or greasy.
- Roast the cauliflower steak until it is golden brown and soft, but not too soft. You want it to be tender but still have some chewing resistance. Just like a beef steak.
- I used chanterelles for this dish, but you can use any mushrooms that you like or have at home. It will pair very well with the cauliflower and pecorino anyway.
- If you don’t like or have pecorino at home you can replace it by parmesan cheese or any other strong and flavorful cheese that you like.
Ingredients for this Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Chanterelles:
- Cauliflower head
- Green kale
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Råraka with Chanterelles – Swedish Hash Brown with Chanterelles (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Roasted Point Cabbage with Scallion Salsa (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Red Bell Pepper Hummus with Cauliflower Steak (Mediterranean Topping (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free
- Glazed Point Cabbage with Spicy Dressing (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cauliflower & Leek Fritters (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Chanterelles (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 1 big Cauliflower head
- 250 g Chanterelles rinsed, cleaned and cut into smaller pieces (if needed)
- 1 small Shallot minced
- 2 Kale stems stem removed and cut into smaller pieces
- 4-5 tbsp Pecorino grated
- Sea salt, to taste
- Olive oil
- Parsley, to taste chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Take the cauliflower head and slice two 1-1 1/2 cm thick slices through the core lengthwise.
- Place on a parchment covered baking sheet, sprinkle with some olive oil and sea salt. Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes. Until it is golden brown.
- Gently flip them, sprinkle with some more olive oil and sea salt and bake the other side for 10-15 minutes more, until golden brown and soft (but not too soft).
- When about 5-10 minutes remain for the cauliflower steaks preheat two nonstick pans.
- Add the green kale with about 1 tablespoon of water and fry until the water has evaporated and the kale is a bit softened.
- Add some olive oil to the pan and fry the shallots until soft and a little browned.
- Add in the chanterelles and season with sea salt. Fry for about 5 minutes.
- When the cauliflower steaks are ready, place the green kale at the bottom of two plates. Place one cauliflower steak on each plate and add the fried chanterelles on top. Top with chopped parsley and grated pecorino cheese.
One thought on “Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Chanterelles (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)”