If you like a warm, cozy and delicious breakfast that taste like cinnamon rolls this recipe is something you have to try. This cinnamon roll breakfast cake is made with just a few easy and healthy ingredients and ready to serve in 20 minutes. Make this cinnamon roll cake for breakfast, afternoon snack or if you want a healthier dessert option. It is both gluten, nut and sugar free and can be made vegan.
There’s not much that beats the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls! It’s feels so cozy, familiar, comforting and safe. That’s also why I love making other baked goods with cinnamon roll flavor. Like this easy, delicious and healthy cinnamon roll breakfast cake. This cake comes together in only 20 minutes, is made with just a few easy and healthy ingrediens but still gives you that warm, cozy and comforting feeling! Not only is it both quick and easy to make, including healthy ingredients, but it actually feels like eating a cinnamon roll cake! This cinnamon roll cake is great to make both for breakfast, afternoon snack or healthy dessert. It is gluten, nut and sugar free and can be made vegan and oil free.
A few tips:
- You can use regular egg or flax egg for this cake.
- You can use regular milk and quark or vegan/dairy free options.
- The cinnamon swirl can be made with apple sauce for a lower fat/calorie/oil free cake or with coconut oil.
- Make the swirl and pour it over the middle of the cake, then gently make a swirl using a spoon or toothpick.
Ingredients for this Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cake:
- Oat flour
- Egg/Flax egg
- Milk/Plant based milk
- Quark (vegan/dairy free is fine)
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar free sweetener
- Apple sauce or coconut oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Cinnamon Bun Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Mini Cinnamon Roll Cheesecakes (Gluten, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Healthier Swedish Cinnamon Buns/Kanelbullar (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Pan Baked Vanilla Pistachio Buns (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chia Pudding Tart (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Chocolate Oat Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Raspberry Nectarine Mini Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Rhubarb Cardamom Breakfast Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese Yogurt Soufflé (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Chocolate Baked Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Breakfast Apple Pie (Gluten, Nut, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Swedish Semla Porridge (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Swedish Semla Chia Pudding (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Dutch Baby with Pears (Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free)
Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cake (Gluten, Nut & Sugar Free)
For the cake
- 1/2 dl Oats
- 3/4 dl Oat flour
- 1 Egg/flax egg
- 2 tbsp Milk/Plant based milk
- 2 tbsp Quark
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- Granulated sugar free sweetener, to taste
For the swirl
- 1 tbsp Apple sauce or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2-1 tbsp Granulated sugar free sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the ingredients for the cake in a small bowl. Pour into a small oven safe bowl.
- Combine the ingredients for the swirl in a bowl. Taste to check if more sweetener or cinnamon is needed. Pour over the middle of the cake batter and gently swirl it into the batter using a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.