This recipe is for a delicious, easy, quick and healthy banana souffle. This banana souffle is made with just a few key ingredients and ready to serve in 25 minutes. Make this banana souffle for a nutritious, yummy and easy breakfast or afternoon snack or serve it as a healthy yet delicious dessert. This banana souffle is gluten and sugar free and can easily be made dairy free as well.
Making soufflés for breakfast or afternoon snack has become a favorite of mine. They’re really easy to make, can be varied in so many different ways and made using different types of ingredients. This one is an easy soufflé made with egg, banana and quark which makes it both healthy, creamy, just sweet enough and incredibly yummy. It has a lovely mix of creamy sweet banana and tangy fresh quark and a hint of vanilla. I served this banana soufflé with blueberries and Greek yogurt. But it’s actually delicious with any topping, so use whatever you like or have at home. This banana soufflé is gluten and sugar free and can easily be made dairy free by using a dairy free quark.
A few tips:
- Use a ripe banana. The banana adds sweetness and creaminess to the soufflé, hence you need it to be ripe.
- I used quark in my souffle, but you can also use Greek or plain yogurt.
- Use a dairy free quark for a dairy free souffle.
- I added a bit of vanilla stevia drops in my soufflé. You can skip it or use other seasoning such as cinnamon, cardamom, a bit of granulated sweetener or lemon juice just or mention a few.
- The souffle is ready when it has a golden brown surface, the edges are set but still a little wobbly in the middle. Do not bake the souffle for too long so it turns out too dry and overdone.
Ingredients for this Banana & Quark Soufflé:
- Stevia vanilla drops/vanilla extract (optional)
- Baking powder
- Greek yogurt
Other recipes you might like:
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cake (Gluten, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese Overnight Oats (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chia Pudding Tartlet (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Chocolate Oat Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Raspberry Nectarine Mini Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Rhubarb Cardamom Breakfast Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese Yogurt Soufflé (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Breakfast Apple Pie (Gluten, Nut Oil & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Cheesecake Tartlet (Gluten, Sugar Free & Low Fat)
- Zucchini Banana Muffins (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Oven Baked Pancake (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free)
Banana & Quark Soufflé (Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the banana soufflé
- 1 large Ripe banana mashed
- 2 Eggs
- 2 dl Quark (or Greek yogurt)
- 6-7 drops Stevia vanilla drops (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp Sugar free granulated sweetener (optional)
- Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all ingredients for the banana soufflé using a hand mixer until smooth.
- Pour into two oven safe baking dishes and bake in the oven for 18-24 minutes.
- Top with Greek yogurt and blueberries.