This recipe is for quick, easy, nutritious and delicious Cottage Cheese Overnight Oats. Four main ingredients and five minutes is all it takes to make this overnight oats (not including the rest time). Make it for breakfast, brunch or afternoon snack. It is both gluten and sugar free.
I’ve said it before and I will say it again. I love overnight oats since they’re so easy and convenient to make. If you’re like me and don’t want to spend time preparing breakfast in the morning overnight oats is such a great option since you can just grab it from the fridge when you wake up. Not only are they easy and quick to make, you can also vary them endlessly by using different flavorings and toppings. Another great thing is that they don’t have to be made with just oats! I love experimenting and trying different ingredients and combinations to get a variety. One of my latest favorites is overnight oats made with cottage cheese. By adding cottage cheese you get a lovely mix of textures, some more chewing resistance and a nice fresh and slightly salty flavor. It is also a great option if you want to have a protein rich, more nutritious and filling breakfast. This version is made with cardamom and vanilla, then topped with blueberries, blackberries and cashew butter.
A few tips:
- I used plain Greek style yogurt when making this overnight oats. But you can use any yogurt you want or prefer.
- I used oat milk for my oats but any regular/plant based milk is fine.
- Depending on how sweet you prefer your overnight oats you can adjust the amount of vanilla drops.
- Refrigerate the overnight oat for at least two hours.
- The overnight oats are good to store in the fridge for up to five days.
Ingredients for this Cottage Cheese Overnight Oats:
- Cottage cheese
- Milk (I used oat milk)
- Greek style yogurt
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Cashew butter
Other recipes you might like:
- Chia Pudding Tartlet (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Overnight Chia Oats with Peach Sauce (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese with Summer Fruits (Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Raspberry & Nectarine Mini Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Yogurt Parfait with Cherries & Chocolate Waffles (Vegetarian, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cookie Dough Nice Cream (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese & Yogurt Soufflé (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- High Protein Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bread Buns (Gluten Free)
- Swedish Semla Chia Pudding (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Spiced Chia Pudding with Apple Sauce & Granola (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cardamom Overnight Oats with Fried Apples & Yogurt (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Layered Overnight Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Greek Yogurt with Home Made Raspberry Jam & Granola (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Vanilla Overnight Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Cottage Cheese Overnight Oats (Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the overnight oats
- 1 dl Oats
- 1 dl Cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp Milk (I used oat milk)
- 2 tbsp Greek style yogurt
- 3-5 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 1/3 tsp Cardamom
For the topping
- 6-8 Blackberries
- 4-6 Blueberries
- Cashew butter (or any other nut/seed butter of your choice)
- Combine the ingredients for the overnight oats in a bowl. Taste to check the seasoning. Place in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Take the overnight oats out from the fridge, divide between bowls/glasses and top with blueberries, blackberries and cashew butter.