This recipe is for my own version of the cottage cheese ice cream that has gone completely nuts and viral. You only need a hand full of ingredients and 10 minutes to prepare it. It is great to have both as a sweet afternoon treat, high protein snack or dessert. It is glute and sugar free and can easily be made grain free.
Finally cottage cheese is getting the rectification it deserves! Because it has always beed an underestimated comestible according to me. But I might be a bit biased since I’ve kind of grown up on cottage cheese. I’ve used to eat it all the time when I was little, or I actually still am. Be it on my breakfast sandwich, with pasta, cinnamon and sugar (I know it sounds strange but it’s an easy and quick twist of polish “leniwe kluski” that are made with polish farmers cheese served with cinnamon and sugar), just as is with a spoon and some seasoning or using it in cooking and baking. Cottage cheese is an easy way of getting more protein into your diet in an easy way, but also a healthy option that can replace less healthy ones. Cottage cheese ice cream is actually nothing new to me, I’ve been making it for a few years, but never really shared it here. But well, now that cottage cheese has gone viral I might as well jump on the bandwagon! No matter if you like cottage cheese or not you’re gonna love this cottage cheese ice cream. It is creamy, rich, delicious and nutritious at the same time. Have is for breakfast, as an afternoon snack or dessert.
A few tips:
- I used full fat cottage cheese, you can use reduced fat if preferred but it will affect the creaminess and the taste of the ice cream.
- I sweetened my cottage cheese ice cream with fiber syrup. If you prefer it even sweeter you can add some liquid stevia drops.
- This version is made with chunks of brownie batter in it, which makes it extra tasty and delicious. You can however skip the brownie batter if you like.
- You can also add nut butter and/or banana to the ice cream to make it even creamier, but it is optional.
- Freeze the cottage cheese ice cream for at least 3-4 hours, or until frozen. Let thaw for 5-10 minutes.
Ingredients for this Cottage Cheese Overnight Oats:
- Brown mon fruit sweetener
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Vanilla extract
- Oat flour (or any flour if your liking)
- Cacao powder
- Sea salt
- Milk (any milk will do)
- Cottage cheese
- Fiber syrup/agave/honey
- Stevia drops (optional)
- Nut butter (optional)
- Banana (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Cottage Cheese Overnight Oats (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese with Summer Fruits (Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Yogurt Parfait with Cherries & Chocolate Waffles (Vegetarian, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cookie Dough Nice Cream (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese & Yogurt Soufflé (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- High Protein Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bread Buns (Gluten Free)
Viral Cottage Cheese Brownie Batter Ice Cream (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 2 tsp Applesauce
- 2 tbsp Brown monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tbsp Monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Oat flour
- 2 tbsp Cacao powder
- A pinch of Sea salt
- A splash of Milk (if needed)
For the ice cream
- 500 g Cottage cheese (I used full fat)
- 3/4 (1/3) dl (cups) Fiber syrup/agave/honey
- Stevia drops, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Nut butter (optional)
- 1/2-1 Banana (optional)
- Combine the ingredients for the brownie batter in a bowl. Place in the fridge while preparing the ice cream.
- Place the cottage cheese, fiber syrup, stevia drops and nut butter and banana (if using) in a high speed blender and mix until smooth.
- Add a layer of cottage cheese ice cream back to the cottage cheese container or into a loaf pan. Dollop pieces of the brownie batter into the ice cream. Repeat until you have used up all of the ice cream. Use up all of the brownie batter or save some to top for serving.
- Place in the freezer and let it freeze for about four hours.
- Remove from the freezer and let it thaw for 5-10 minutes.
- If you saved some of the brownie batter you can bake it for 3-4 minutes in the oven or just dollop it over the ice cream as is.