This recipe is for a quick, easy and healthy high protein bread. It only requires one bowl, a few key ingredients, is easy to adapt according to preferences and is gluten free. This is the perfect quick and easy bread to make for a high protein breakfast or snack.
Have you ever tried baking with quark and cottage cheese? I love it! It’s so easy to include in baking, makes the baked goods moist and it is a easy way of including more protein in your diet. Making bread with quark and cottage cheese is so delicious and easy. This bread is made with quark, cottage cheese and eggs as a base. Then I added some oats, sunflower seeds and flaxseeds to include healthy fats and give it a bit of a nutty flavor. These buns are really perfect to make when you want a quick and easy breakfast bun, or something high in protein for your afternoon snack. This bread is also very easy to adapt according to preferences. You can choose any seeds or nuts you like. You can add different types of seasoning. For example dry herbs, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh herbs or cheese.
How to store these High Protein Cottage Cheese Bread Buns:
- These buns are good to store in the fridge for up to five days.
- They can be stored in the freezer after baking and cooling. Just take one out and defrost in the microwave or let it thaw over night.
- They are good to warm up in the oven on 50 degrees Celsius if you want to eat them warm.
- Roast them in the toaster to have them for toast.
Ingredients for these High Protein Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bread Buns:
- Cottage cheese
- Sunflower seeds
- Baking powder
Other recipes you might like:
- Easy Nut & Seed Bread (Vegan, Gluten Free, Can Be Made Paleo)
- Zucchini Bread (Gluten & Oil Free)
- Five Seed Crackers (Vegan, Gluten, Flour & Oil Free)
- Easy Five Ingredients Bagel (Gluten Free)
High Protein Cottage Cheese Bread Buns (Gluten Free)
- 250 g Cottage cheese
- 2 dl Quark
- 3 Eggs
- 3 1/2 dl Oats
- 1 dl Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 dl Flaxseeds
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whish the eggs slighly in a bowl.
- Add rest of the ingredients and combine well.
- Form 8 equally sized buns and place on the parchment covered sheet. Make sure to leave some space between them since they spread a bit.
- Baking in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, until golden brown.