If you’re looking for a tasty, easy and delicious appetizer or side dish this Roasted Potatoes with Whipped Feta Cheese & Basil Sauce might just be what you’re looking for. This dish only calls for a few easy ingredients and is mostly taken care of by the oven. All you have to make the whipped feta dip and basil lemon sauce. Serve this dish as an appetizer, snack or side dish. It is both vegetarian and gluten free and can easily be made vegan.
Is there anyone who doesn’t love potatoes? Well, I haven’t met that person yet at least. They’re so versatile, useful, can be prepared in so many different ways and easy to pare with lots of different foods. This dish is for oven roasted potatoes that are served on top of whipped feta cheese and topped with a fresh basil lemon sauce, fresh mint and lemon zest. This dish is both quick and easy to make and pairs well with just about everything. It can be served as an appetizer, side dish or snack. If you love chips and dip, you will love this dish since it’s kind of the same thing but still not. This dish is both vegetarian and gluten free and can easily be made vegan.
A few tips:
- Make sure to cut the potatoes into equally sized pieces to make sure the baking time is the same for all of them.
- Bake the potatoes until golden brown and soft. But don’t bake them for too long so they get dry. Check by using a knife or toothpick if the potatoes are done.
- The amount of Greek yogurt can be adjusted according to taste when you make the whipped feta cheese depending on how thick you prefer your dip.
- You can also use a plain yogurt or crème fraiche when making the whipped feta cheese.
- For the basil lemon sauce I used is this recipe.
- The creme fraiche in the basil lemon sauce can be replaced by Greek yogurt or plain yogurt if preferred.
- To make this dish vegan replace the creme fraiche/Greek yogurt/plain yogurt with vegan options.
Ingredients for this Roasted Potatoes with Whipped Feta Cheese & Basil Sauce:
- Feta cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Basil sauce
- Fresh mint
Other recipes you might like:
- Honey Roasted Carrots with Mint & Cauliflower Purée (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Baked Sweet Potato Halves with Feta Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Miso Hummus with Seed Crackers (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Oil Free)
- Roasted Potato Roses (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Roasted Grapes with Whipped Feta Cheese & Honey (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain & Oil Free)
- Sweet Potato Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Tray Roasted Vegetables with Baked Feta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Smashed Potatoes with Crème Fraiche & Fish Roe
- Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Potato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy & Oil Free)
- Roasted Beets & Carrots (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Roasted Potatoes with Whipped Feta Cheese & Basil Sauce (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- 500 g Potatoes cut into half or quarters
- 1 package Feta cheese
- 2-4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 4-5 tbsp Basil sauce (see note 1 for the recipe)
- Fresh mint roughly chopped
- 1/2 Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Wash and cut the potatoes and place in an oven safe baking pan.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and season with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and soft all the way through.
- Meanwhile make the basil sauce according to the recipe in note 1.
- Also prepare the whipped feta cheese dip by adding the feta cheese, Greek yogurt and black pepper in a bowl and mixing using a hand mixer until soft and a bit fluffy.
- Add the whipped feta cheese at the bottom of a plate. Top with the warm roasted potatoes, drizzle with basil sauce, top with fresh mint and lemon zest.