This recipe is for easy, delicious and pretty Roasted Potato Roses. You only need four main ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare these roses, the rest is taken care of by the oven. Serve these roasted potato roses along with your main course or include them in a buffet. They are both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
Sometimes the smallest things can pimp up a dish. It’s that little extra something that just makes it look more thought through. These roasted potato roses are a great example of that! Instead of making cooked, roasted potatoes or a potato gratin you can make these quick and easy roses that will make your dinner a little prettier and presentable. But don’t worry, they are not at all hard to make. I thought they would be hard to get to look pretty and that they would be very time consuming, but they’re really not. You just slice the potatoes, combine with olive oil, salt and pepper and then arrange them in a muffin pan and bake them in the oven. Easy peasy, right!? These roasted potato roses are perfect to serve along with your main course or to include in a buffet. They are both vegetarian, gluten and grain free, but can be made vegan if skipping the cheese or using a vegan one.
A few tips:
- Cover the potatoes olive oil to get them really crispy. I do prefer not to use too much olive oil though, because I really don’t like it when they feel too greasy or oily. So you don’t need much oil, just make sure to cover all slices well.
- Grease your muffin pan so the potatoes doesn’t get stuck and fall apart when you try to remove them from the muffin pan.
- If you don’t have a muffin pan you can also use muffin tins or small bowls.
- Make sure to use the large potato pieces first and then working out way in with the smaller once.
- These roasted potato roses can be prepared in advance and then reheated just before serving. You can also bake them 90% done, and then bake the last few minutes just before serving.
Ingredients for these Roasted Potato Roses:
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Cheese (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Baked Sweet Potato Halves with Feta Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Smashed Potatoes with Creme Fraiche & Fish Roe
- Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Potato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy & Oil Free)
Roasted Potato Roses (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 3-4 Potatoes thinly slice using a mandolin
- 1/2-1 tsp Olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cheese (optional) grated
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a muffin pan with some butter, cooking spray or olive oil.
- Slice the potatoes thinly, preferably using a mandolin, and place in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, sea salt and black pepper and combine well making sure all potato slices are covered with olive oil.
- Build the potato roses by arranging the potato slices in the muffin tins, working from the outside in. Start with the larger slices, press 5 slices against the sides of the well, then repeat by overlapping slice after slice until you've filled the muffin tins.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the roses are golden brown and soft.
- Add the grated/shredded cheese (if using) and place back in the oven again and let it bake for another 5 minutes.
One thought on “Roasted Potato Roses (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)”