If you like carrot cake and want a really quick and easy recipe to make these Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling are the perfect hybrid of carrot cake and cookies. You only need one bowl (not including the bowl for the frosting), a hand full of ingredients and 15-20 minutes to make these cookies. These cookies are both gluten, grain, sugar free and low carb. They can also be made vegan by using vegan cream cheese.
Easter is carrot cake season and Im all about carrot cake! Carrot cake is actually one of my all time favorite cakes and I love making them in a different ways and forms. This recipe is for carrot cake cookies. These cookies are perfect to make when you want something that is carrot cake inspired, but only requires a few key ingredients and is ready in the blink of an eye. These cookies are a delicious hybrid between juicy, tender and flavorful carrot cake and chewy and a bit crunchy cookies. But don’t forget the most important thing – the frosting. The frosting adds a creaminess and slightly tangy and fresh taste and texture to these cookies. The cookie base is vegan and by using vegan cream cheese they can also be made fully vegan. Make these cookies for an afternoon snack, sweet treat or include them in your Easter dessert buffet.
A few tips:
- I used fiber syrup for these cookies, but you can also use agave or honey if preferred.
- Use a fresh and juicy carrot for these cookies. The carrots add moist and a nice texture, hence using a juicy and fresh carrot is key.
- I grated my carrots coarsely, because I love the texture they add to the cookies. But you can also make them finely grated if you prefer smaller pieces.
- Make small “nests” in the middle of the cookies to make sure the cream cheese frosting sits and doesn’t spread.
- Bake in the upper part of the oven for 12-15 minutes, until they’re starting to get golden brown.
Ingredients for these Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling:
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- Coconut oil
- Stevia vanilla drops (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Cream cheese
- Sugar free powdered sugar
- Lemon juice
Other recipes you might like:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Eggs (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Salted Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- Chocolate Tahini Cookies (Gluten, Diary, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten, Diary, Oil & Sugar Free)
Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
For the cookies
- 1 1/2 dl Almond flour
- 1/4 dl Coconut flour
- 3 tbsp Fiber syrup
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- 2-3 drops Stevia vanilla drops (optional)
- 1/2-3/4 tsp Cinnamon (optioanl)
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 dl Carrot grated
For the cream cheese filling
- 1/2 dl Cream cheese
- 1-2 tbsp Sugar Free powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Start by preparing the cream cheese filling by adding all ingredients to a bowl and whisking it using an electric mixer until smooth and a little fluffy. Place in the fridge while you prepare the cookies.
- Combine all ingredients for the cookies in a bowl and whisk together.
- Form four equally sized flat cookies and make a small nest in the middle for the filling.
- Place on the parchment covered baking sheet.
- Add about 1-1 1/2 tsp of the cream cheese frosting in the middle of the cookies.
- Bake in the upper part of the oven for 12-15 minutes.