This is a recipe for quick, easy and delicious Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are made with just a few staple ingredients and only take 10-15 minutes to make. They are healthy enough to serve for breakfast or afternoon snack, but also delicious enough to have for dessert. They are both gluten, sugar and dairy free.
Who doesn’t like chocolate chip cookies? And these once are piped to rock your Valentines Day! Or any other day when you feel like eating a colorful cookie for that matter! Because who said baking in red is only for Valentines Day? These cookies are a healthy version of regular chocolate chip cookies made with oat flour, oats and peanut butter as the base. Then of course we have some gooey melted chocolate chips and sea salt inside.. and then topped with some more on top. These cookies come together in only five minutes, need no chill time and are ready to serve in 15 minutes. They are healthy enough to have for breakfast or as an afternoon snack, but also delicious enough to serve for dessert. Not to mention that they’re both gluten, sugar and grain free.
A few tips:
- Usually I use creamy peanut butter when baking, but I wanted to add some extra crunch to these cookies, hence using crunchy peanut butter when making these. But you can use creamy or crunchy, just as you like it.
- The peanut butter can be replaced by any other nut or seed butter, but it will affect the taste.
- The amount of coloring depending on how red you prefer your cookies. Start by adding 1/2 teaspoon and then adding more if preferred.
- This batter makes 5-10 cookies depending on how big you prefer them.
- Bake them for 8-12 minutes. Depending on the size of the cookies and how soft/crunchy you prefer them.
- Top with sea salt when you take them out of the oven (optional, but strongly recommended).
Ingredients for these Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Oat flour
- Peanut butter (or any other nut or seed butter)
- Sea salt
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Baking soda
- Dairy and sugar free chocolate chips
- Red food coloring
Other recipes you might like:
- Red Velvet Chickpea Brownies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Red velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Tahini Cookies (Gluten, Dairy, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten, Dairy, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Merengue Cupcakes (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Covered Funfetti Cakesicles (Vegan & Sugar Free)
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- 2 dl Oats
- 4 dl Oat flour
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 dl Peanut butter
- 1 tsp Sea salt + more for topping
- 5-6 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 1/2-1 dl Xyliot
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 3-4 tbsp Dairy and sugar free chocolate chips + some for topping
- 1/2-1 tsp Red food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add eggs to a bowl and whisk.
- Next add the peanut butter, xylitol and stevia vanilla drops and whisk again.
- Add in oats, oat flour, baking soda, sea salt and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Form 5-10 equally sized cookies and place on the baking sheet. Top with more chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Take out and sprinkle more sea salt on top, if desired.