This recipe is for delicious, easy and healthy Chocolate & Tahini Cookies. They only require one bowl, six ingredients and 20 minute to get ready. They are perfect to serve for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. These cookies are both gluten, dairy, oil and sugar free.
Chocolate and tahini is one of my favorite combinations. Tahini has an early and nutty taste from the sesame seeds, but also a small note of bitterness. It pairs so well with the rich and intense chocolate flavor and just gives a baked goods that something extra that will keep people wondering what that something extra is. I love using tahini in baking. It has a distinct yet quite subtile taste when used in baking. You can easily spicy up and give a new twist to an old recipe just by replacing any nut/seed butter with tahini. These crispy chocolate tahini cookies are a perfect example on how ti easily include tahini in a recipe instead of using peanut butter (or any other nut butter). These chocolate tahini cookies are really easy to make, are ready in no time and tasty so delicious. Since they’re both gluten, dairy, sugar and oil free you can eat them for breakfast, a healthy afternoon snack or even dessert.
A few tips:
- Make sure to use a creamy and runny tahini and not a dry one.
- You can adapt the amount of cacao powder depending on how rich you you prefer your cookies.
- If the dough is too dry add a little more tahini or 1 tbsp of plant based milk.
- I haven’t tried, but I would think they can be made vegan by using flax or chia egg instead of regular eggs.
- These cookies are good to store for up to 7 days.
Ingredients for these Chocolate & Tahini Cookies:
- Oat flour
- Cacao powder
- Sea salt
- Stevia granular sugar
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten, Dairy, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Zucchini & Tahini Breakfast Cookies
- Oatmeal Bars with Berries (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Healthy Zucchini & Banana Bars (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy, Oil & Sugar Free)
Chocolate & Tahini Cookies (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 2 dl Oats
- 1 dl Oat flour
- 4-5 tbsp Cacao powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 dl Tahini
- 1 tbsp Plant based milk (if needed)
- 1 tsp Sea salt + more to top
- 2-3 tbsp Stevia granular sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. If the dough is too dry add 1 tablespoon of plant based milk. Form 6-8 equally sized cookies (flat) and place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 10.12 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle with sea salt (if using).
- Let them cool for a few minutes before eating.