This recipe is for healthy, delicious and easy zucchini and banana bars. They only require a few key ingredients, one bowl and 5 minutes of your time. They can be made vegan or non vegan, depending on your preferences. These bars are both gluten, dairy, oil and sugar free. These bars are chewy, sweet and super delicious. Serve them for breakfast, bring them with you for a snack on the go, have them as an afternoon treat or for dessert.
Bars are one of my favorite things to bake. Just because you can make them in so many different ways with endless flavors. They are also very easy to make healthy and include both fruits and vegetables without giving up the “sweet treat” feeling. Like these zucchini and banana bars! They are very easy to make, only include healthy ingredients, are both vegan, gluten, dairy and sugar free and you get an extra dose of both fruit and vegetables when eating them… Yet they still taste like your having something sweet and delicious. The banana in the recipe provides both sweetness to the bars, but also replaces oil, which makes them the perfect healthy breakfast or snack treats. Even though they’re made with banana you can barely taste it. The same goes for the zucchini! The shredded zucchini adds a wonderful texture and moist to the bars, but you don’t feel the taste at all. I seasoned these bars with cinnamon and nutmeg, to give them a warm and comforting flavor. I also added chocolate chips and raising to my, but that is optional.
A few tips:
- Use very ripe bananas
- Make sure to squeeze out as much water as possible from the zucchini, otherwise the bars will end up too wet
- Don’t overtax the batter, just mix until combined
- Make sure to distribute the zucchini, chocolate chips and raisins (if using) evenly in the batter
- Let the bar cool a bit before cutting it
Ingredients for these Healthy Zucchini & Banana Bars:
- Oat flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Egg/Flax egg
- Chcolate chips (optional)
- Raising (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Healthy Oat Peach Bars
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Blueberry Vanilla Cream Crumble Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar Free)
- Zucchini & Tahini Breakfast Cookies
- Spiced Sheet Cake (Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
Healthy Zucchini & Banana Bars (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy, Oil & Sugar Free)
- 2 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 dl Coconut flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg (optional)
- 6 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 2 ripe Bananas mashed
- 2 Eggs/Flax eggs
- 2-2 1/2 dl Zucchini shredded
- 1 dl Sugar free chocolate chips
- 3/4 dl Raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Make the flax egg (if using).
- Shred the zucchini and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl.
- Add flax egg or regular egg, vanilla stevia drops to the mashed banana and combine.
- Add oat flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg (if using) to the bowl and combine using a fork or spatula.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini, chocolate chips and raisins (if using).
- Add batter to the prepared baking pan and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before cutting it.
One thought on “Healthy Zucchini & Banana Bars (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy, Oil & Sugar Free)”