This is a warm, creamy and delicious Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Soup. This soup is flavorful, made with roasted cauliflower, mixed mushrooms and warm and tasty spices. It’s both vegan, paleo friendly and gluten free. This soup is perfect to make both for a delicious weekday meal or for a cozy weekend dinner.
This roasted cauliflower and mushroom soup is such a great soup to make during winter. It is rich, creamy, flavorful and delicious. This soup is made using roasted cauliflower, which adds such a nice and lovely warmer feeling to it then when using raw cauliflower. The fried mushrooms adds both a caramelized and umami taste to the soup, not to mention the lovely texture it adds to the soup. This soup is really such a great dish to make both for weekday meals and cozy weekend dinners. I seasoned this soup with yellow onion, garlic, cumin, natural yeas, garlic powder and fresh thyme. The combination of the roasted cauliflower, fried mushrooms and all the spices makes it rich, creamy and so tasty. But since I only used water and plant based milk it doesn’t feel to heavy or thick. If you prefer your soup a bit heavier or creamier you can sub the milk for cream. But either way this soup is really creamy and don’t feel watery. I garnished my soup with fried button mushrooms and cherry tomatoes and fresh thyme. I like to keep some chunks in my soup, just to give it some more texture. But you can mix your soup as smooth as you like.
A few tips:
- Use a mix of mushrooms. This will make it more versatile since all mushrooms add different taste and textures.
- Roast the cauliflower until golden brown in the oven before adding it to the pot. This will add a nice roasted taste to the soup.
- Make sure to let the mushrooms fry until they have caramelized and are golden brown. This will add so much taste to the soup. So don’t make a short cut by frying them too short.
- You can adapt the spices according to taste.
- The fresh thyme can be substituted by dry, but it will affect the taste slightly.
- This soup can be divided into portion sizes and frozen for later. It’s great to take out of the freezer and let it thaw over night.
Ingredients for this Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Soup:
- Mixed mushrooms (I used button mushrooms, forest mushrooms, shiitake, portobello)
- Yellow onion
- Plant based milk (I used almond)
- Fresh thyme
- Natura yeast
- Vegan stock poweder
- Garlic powder
- Cherry tomatoes
Other recipes you might like:
- Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli Soup (Vegan)
- Thai Green Curry with Meatballs (Gluten Free, Low Carb)
- Red Curry with Prawns (Gluten, Dairy Free, Low Carb)
- Fish & Seafood Soup
Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Soup (Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free)
For the soup
- 1/2 Cauliflower head cut into smaller florets
- 500 g Mixed mushrooms (I used button mushrooms, forest mushrooms, shiitake, portobello) Sliced
- 1 Yellow onion finely diced
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 500 ml Water
- 200 ml Plant based milk (I used almond)
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Natural yeast
- 2 tbsp Vegan stock powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 Cherry tomates Diced
- 3-4 Button mushrooms sliced
- Fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Put cauliflower florets on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until they start to get golden brown.
- Meanwhile preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the diced ontion to the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes, until it starts to get soft and golden brown.
- Add the sliced mushrooms with 1-2 tablespoons of water and let them sauté until the water has evaporated.
- Put the fried mushrooms mixture and baked cauliflower to a big pot. Keep the nonstick pan on low heat.
- Add the water, milk natural yeast and all the spices and let it shimmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile increase the temperature to medium for the pan. Add sliced mushrooms and let fry until they start to get golden.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and fry for another 1-2 minutes. Until the cherry tomatoes are golden brown and a bit softened.
- Mix the soap using a hand mixer.
- Add to bowls and garnish with fried mushrooms, tomatoes and more fresh thyme.