This is a warming, easy, quick and delicious Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli Soup. It only requires a few key ingredients and is really quick and easy to make. This soup is vegan, low carb, healthy and warming.
I used to eat soup like aaalll the time a few years ago, like every day! But it was mostly store bought soups.. and then I think I overate and barely haven’t had soup for several years now. But now all of a sudden my soup craving is back, but not for the store bought. It’s warming, good for your stomach, easy to make, cheap, healthy, comforting… I could go on. So today I made this delicious roasted cauliflower and broccoli soup. Somehow I find roasting the vegetables before making the soup adds some warm and a more intense flavor to it. This soup is really easy to make, you can adapt the amount of cauliflower and broccoli according to preferences and it’s also great to make a biiiiig batch so it last all week long. I made this soup vegan. but you can of course use regular milk if you’d like to, or even cream if you prefer it creamier. I topped my soup with raw broccoli, sunflower and pumpkin seeds and some fresh parsley.
Ingredients for this Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli Soup:
- Yellow onion
- Plant based milk
- Vegan vegetable stock cube
- Olive oil/coconut oil
- Black pepper
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Fresh parsley
Other recipes you might like:
- Quinoa Stuffed Green Bell Peppers (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- Open Lentil Moussaka (Vegan & Oil Free)
- Lentil Curry (Vegan)
Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli Soup (Vegan)
- 1 Broccoli floret (I also use the stem) divided into smaller pieces
- 1/2 small Cauliflower head divided into smaller pieces
- 1 small Yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 500-800 ml Water (depending on how thick you prefer your soup)
- 1 dl Plant based milk (I used almond)
- 1 Vegan stock cube
- 1 tsp Olive or coconut oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Sunflower seeds, to garnish
- Pumpkin seeds, to garnish
- Fresh parsley, to garnish roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli florets (leave a few broccoli florets to garnish the soup) on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- When they are ready take out of the oven.
- Preheat a pot over medium heat with some olive or coconut oil.
- Saute garlic and onion for a few minutes until it starts to get golden brown.
- Add the baked cauliflower, broccoli, some water, plant based milk, stock cube and bring to a boil.
- Using a hand mixer mix the soup until smooth. Add more water if needed.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- When youre satisfied with the thickness of the soup and the seasoning pour the soup into bowls.
- Garnish with raw broccoli, sunflower & pumpkin seeds and roughly chopped parsely.
3 thoughts on “Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli Soup (Vegan)”