This recipe is for a creamy, fresh and super delicious Avocado Soup with Shrimps. This soup really only requires a hand full of ingredients and is ready in five minutes. Serve it as a starter or main course or include it in a sharing dinner. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb and can be vegan if skipping the shrimps.
I know many of your re huge avocado fans. And I really get why! They’re so creamy, healthy, delicious and versatile. Making an avocado toast, serving guacamole as a starter or side dish or just having it as a creamy addition to you salad is all fabulous and super delicious. But have you ever tried to make an avocado soup? This soup only requires a hand full of ingredients and only takers five minuets to make. It is creamy, flavorful and super delicious, and you can really top with with whatever you like! The soup as a base is vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb. I chose to top this one with shrimps, crunchy and salty popcorn, spicy chili flakes and fresh mint. This soup can be served both cold and warm and the amount of heat can easily be adjusted. Serve this avocado soup as a starter, main course or include it in a buffet.
A few tips:
- Use medium ripe avocados. You want them to be soft and tender but not over ripe and brown.
- The amount of water can be adjusted according to how thick you prefer your soup.
- Make this soup as spicy/hot as you prefer or like it.
- It can be served both hot and cold.
- If you don’t want to top it with shrimps you can also top it with fried tofu, halloumi, crumbled feta cheese, sunflower or pumpkin seeds or croutons, just to mention a few ideas.
Ingredients for this Avocado Soup with Shrimps:
- Garlic cloves
- Lemon juice
- Vegetable stock powder/cube
- Chili flakes
- Fresh mint
Other recipes your might like:
- Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli Soup (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Thai Green Curry with Meatballs (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Soup (Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free)
- Watermelon & Strawberry Gazpacho (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Japanese Ginger & Lemongrass Soup with Soba Noodles (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Chilled Galia Melon Soup (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Cauliflower & Potato Leek Soup (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Avocado Soup with Shrimps (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 2 Avocados peeled and pitted
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 stem Celleri
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock powder/cube
- 2-3 dl Water (depending how thick you prefer your soup)
- 1/2 tsp Chili flakes (optional)
For the topping
- 12 Shrimps peeled and rinsed
- 10 Popcorn
- Chili flakes
- Fresh mint
- Add all the ingredients for the soup into a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Taste to check if more water or any seasoning is needed.
- Pour into bowl if serving cold or heat on low heat until warm in a pot if serving warm.
- Top with shrimps, popcorn, chili flakes and fresh mint.