This recipe is for a warm honey baked feta cheese served with fresh juicy oranges. This recipe only calls for three main ingredients and takes 10-15 minutes to make (and most of it is taken care of by the oven). Serve this dish as a lunch, main course or side dish. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
Orange season is definitely one of my favorite seasons! They’re great to eat just as they are for a snack or when you need something sweet, juicy and delicious. But they’re also great to use for both baking and cooking purpose! I love all kinds of citrus fruits, they all have their own special flavor and texture and are great for different purposes. Oranges and blood oranges are my go to when I make salads and savory dishes. They bring a wonderful sweet, fresh and juicy addition to a dish. This dish is a mix of creamy, salty and tangy from the feta cheese, sweetness from the honey and sweet freshness from the oranges. A good and well balances dish doesn’t really need a lot of ingredients, and this dish is perfect proof of that! You have three main ingredients and some roughly chopped hazelnuts to add a nutty flavor and some crunch. This honey baked feta cheese comes together in only 10-15 minutes and is perfect to serve both for lunch, main course or side dish. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to use a good quality and creamy feta cheese, and not the cheaper once that can be a bit dry.
- Only make this dish when citrus fruits are in season. Oranges are so sweet, juicy and flavorful during citrus season. But might be the worst fruit to eat when not in season.
- I like to remove the peel from the oranges using a fillet knife and then slicing it into thin slices. But you can also first slice them and them cut away the peel.
- Bake the feta cheese on high temperature until it’s warm and soft, but not melted.
- To get it really golden brown turn on the broiler and bake for another 1-2 minutes, watching it carefully so it doesn’t burn.
Ingredients for this Sweet Potato & Halloumi Curry:
- Feta cheese
- Fiber syrup/agave/honey
- Green leaves
Other recipes you might like:
- Sweet Potato & Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Orange, Fennel & Burrata Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Tray Roasted Vegetables with Baked Feta Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Roasted Tomatoes On A Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Baked Feta Cheese & Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Citrus & Mozzarella Salad (Gluten Free)
- Persimmon & Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
Honey Baked Feta Cheese with Oranges (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 1 package Feta cheese
- 2-3 tbsp Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- 2 Oranges (I used one regular and one blood orange) segmented and thinly sliced
- Hazelnuts, to top roughly chopped
- Green leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the feta on a oven safe baking pan or sheet and drizzle with honey.
- When the oven is hot put it in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until the feta cheese is soft and starts to get golden brown.
- Turn on the broiler and let the feta cheese broil for just about 1-2 minutes. But watch it closely so it docent burn.
- Meanwhile the feta cheese is baking in the oven segment and slice the oranges.
- Place green leaves at the bottom of a plate and arrange the oranges on top.
- Next put the feta cheese on the plate and top with roughly chopped hazelnuts.
- Serve immediately while warm.
2 thoughts on “Honey Baked Feta Cheese with Oranges (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)”