This is a quick and easy recipe for a lovely sesame crusted feta cheese. You only need five main ingredients and 10-15 minutes to make this sesame crusted feta cheese. Include it in a cheese plate, serve with some fresh bread, olive and fruits as an appetizer or starter, make a salad with it, have it as a main course with your favorite protein or serve it as a side dish. This sesame crusted feta cheese is vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb (if desired)
Have you ever made baked feta cheese? It’s divine! It becomes warm, soft, mouth melting and absolutely delicious. But what’s even better is crusted baked feta cheese! Because not only do you get that wonderful warm, soft and mouth melting inside, you also get a lovely and crunchy outside that makes the most divine combination with the feta cheese. This feta cheese is crusted with sesame seeds, which adds a lovely nutty flavor and makes it incredibly crunchy. To put some icing on the case I also drizzled a generous amount of honey/fiber syrup on it. The honey makes a lovely sweet contrast to the savory feta cheese and nutty sesame seeds. Not only does this taste amazing, it is also really easy to make and ready in only 10-15 minutes. You can serve this crusted feta cheese as part of a cheese board, as an appetizer or starter along with some fresh bread, olives, artichokes and bread, make a salad with it, serve it as a main course along with your favorite protein or serve it as a side dish. This feta cheese is vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb (if desired).
A few tips:
- Make sure to pat dry the feta cheese well before covering it with flour and the rest of the crust ingredients.
- You can use almond flour for a grain and low carb version or gluten free all purpose flour if grain and low carb is not required.
- Make sure to covered the whole feta cheese in all three crust ingredients to make sure you get an even and wholy covered feta cheese.
- You can drizzle the feta cheese with some olive oil to make it extra crunchy and golden brown, you don’t need to use that much oil at all. But you can also skip the oil.
- I made my feta cheese in my air fryer, baking it on 190 degrees Celsius for about 8-10 minutes. The baking time will vary a bit depending on which air fryer you’re using.
- You can also make this feta cheese in the oven. Bake it at 200 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes, until the sesame seeds are golden brown.
- Make sure to keep an eye on the feta cheese so it doesn’t burn.
- I topped my feta cheese with fiber syrup, which really makes a lovely contrast to the savory feta cheese and nutty sesame seeds. But this part is optional.
- Do not prepare the feta cheese in advance. It should be freshly baked to serve it warm and assuring the feta cheese is soft.
Ingredients for this Sesame Crusted Feta Cheese:
- Feta cheese
- Almond flour or gluten free all purpose flour
- Mixed sesame seeds
- Olive oil (optional)
- Fiber syrup/agave/honey (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Polenta Crusted Halloumi with Tomato Sauce (Vegetarian, Gluten Free & Lower In Fat)
- Balsamic Baked Feta Cheese with Figs & Plums (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Burrata with Balsamic Cherry Compote (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Halloumi, Peach & Prosciutto Salt (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Hasselbacked Melon with Prosciutto & Burrata (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Halloumi & Sweet Potato Stack (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Whipped Goat Cheese Cream with Home Cooked Cherry Marmalade (Vegetarian, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Rosé Poached Strawberries with Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Buffalo Mozzarella with Rhubarb Two Ways (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Grapes with Whipped Feta Cheese & Honey (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain & Oil Free)
- Honey Baked Feta Cheese with Oranges (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Burrata with Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Tray Roasted Vegetables with Baked Feta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Roasted Tomatoes On A Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Baked Feta Cheese & Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Sesame Crusted Feta Cheese (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 1 block Feta cheese
- 1/2 dl Almond flour or gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 Egg whisked
- 2/3 dl Mixed sesame seeds
- Olive oil, optional
- Fiber syrup, to top (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Add flour, whisked egg and sesame seeds to a wide bowl each (wide enough to fit the whole feta cheese block).
- Pat dry the feta cheese using a paper towel.
- Coat feta in the flour, dredge in the egg, and coat with sesame seeds. Place it on an oven safe dish. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil (optional) and bake in the air fryer for 8-12 minutes, until the sesame seeds are golden brown.
- Serve with fiber syrup.