These apple cheesecake muffins are tender, moist, juicy with a lovely mix of apple chunks, cinnamon and cheesecake. They are ready in only 20 minutes and made with a few simple ingredients. Serve them for breakfast, as an afternoon snack or when you crave something nutritious, delicious and healthy at the same time. They are gluten, nut, oil and sugar free.
Muffins that can be eaten all day round?! Can it get any better? I really love baking things that can be eaten for both breakfast, afternoon snack and dessert. It’s convenient, assures that you have something to snack on throughout the day whenever you get a bit hungry or crave something delicious and at the same time know you’re nurturing your body. These muffins are filled with chunks of apple, cinnamon and lovely creamy, sweet yet slightly tangy swirl of cheesecake filling inside. They are tender, juicy, perfectly sweet and absolutely delicious! Since they’re baked with oat and coconut flour they’re filling and nutritious, but not overwhelming since they’re baked with monk fruit sweetener and apple sauce acting as the sweeteners and without any nuts or oil. You can of course vary these muffins by using different fruits or berries like pears, blueberries, raspberries to mention a few. But there is something special about the mix of apples, cinnamon and cheesecake that is just too good to miss out on.
A few tips:
- The amount of sweetener can be adapted according to taste and how sweet you prefer your muffins.
- I used a mix of cream cheese and greek yogurt for the cheesecake batter to make it less heavy but also to add a slightly more distinct tangy taste to it. You can swap the Greek yogurt for more cream cheese if preferred.
- I like to use sweet yet tart apples when making these muffins. You can use any kind you like or have at home, but preferably not the most sour or tasteless ones.
- Dice the apples into fairly small dices. You don’t want any too big chunks in your muffins when you take a bite. But still make sure not to make them too small, you still want to clearly feel the taste and texture of the apples.
- You can top these muffins with some oat crumble before baking or leave them just as they are.
Ingredients for these Healthy Apple Cheesecake Muffins:
- Apple sauce
- Greek yogurt
- Granulated sugar free sweetener
- Oat flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Cream cheese
Other recipes you might like:
- Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Plum & Fig Walnut Crumble Pie (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cake (Gluten, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Chia Pudding Tartlet (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Chocolate Oat Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Raspberry & Nectarine Mini Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Rhubarb & Cardamom Breakfast Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese Yogurt Soufflé (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Mini Vanilla Pies with Berries (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Rhubarb Vanilla Muffins with Cream Cheese (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Breakfast Apple Pie (Gluten, Nut, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese Overnight Oats (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Healthy Apple Cheesecake Muffins (Gluten, Nut, Oil & Sugar Free)
For the muffins
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 dl Apple sauce
- 1/2 dl Greek yogurt
- 1-1 1/2 dl Granulated sugar free sweetener
- 2 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 dl Coconut flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1-2 Apples diced
For the cream cheese filling
- 4 tbsp Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1-2 tbsp Granulated sugar free sweetener
For the crumble (optional)
- 1 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 dl Oats
- 1-2 tsp Apple sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Granulated sugar free sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare 6-7 muffin tins.
- Add egg, apple sauce, Greek yogurt and granulated sweetener to a big bowl and whish until slightly fluffy and combined.
- Combine oat flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients little by little and whisk together.
- Core and dice the apples, fold into the muffin batter.
- Add cream cheese and Greek yogurt to a bowl and whisk until fluffy and smooth.
- Add sweetener and egg yolk and whisk just until combined.
- Combine ingredients for the crumble if using.
- Fill the muffin tins half ways, add about 1 tbsp of filling in each tin, make a swirl using a knife, then top with the rest of the batter.
- Add the crumble on top and press down gently (if using).
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool down for 20-30 minutes.