These apple cinnamon breakfast muffins are tender, moist and incredibly delicious with a lovely rumble on top. They only require a hand full of ingredients and ready to eat in 20 minutes. Make them for breakfast, afternoon snack or when you want something tasty, sweet and delicious but also healthy and nutritious. These breakfast muffins are vegan, gluten and sugar free.
Muffins for breakfast?! Yep, these apple cinnamon muffins are easy and quick to make, only require a few staple ingredients and are nutritious and tasty at the same time. Can it get any better? The smell of apple and cinnamon always gives me that comforting, cozy and secure feeling, just like living back at home when I was little. So these apple cinnamon muffins are my go to when I want something comforting and delicious to eat. They are vegan, baked with oat flour, milk (plant based or regular) and apple sauce which makes them nutritious and suitable for different kind of food allergies and food preferences. You can eat them warm straight out of the oven or bake in advance and bring them along to snack on during the day. You can also pimp them up and serve for dessert with some ice cream or yogurt.
A few tips:
- The amount of sweetener can be adapted according to taste and how sweet you prefer your muffins.
- You can make these muffins with regular or plant based milk.
- You can swap the apple sauce for banana, but it will affect the taste slightly.
- I like to use sweet yet tart apples when making these muffins. You can use any kind you like or have at home, but preferably not too sour nor tasteless ones.
- Make sure to squeeze out as much excess water from the apples as possible, to avoid the muffins from turning out too wet.
- They can be baked in the oven or in an air fryer.
- You can top these muffins with crumble or leave them just as they are.
Ingredients for these Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins:
- Oat flour
- Baking powder
- Milk (plant based or regular)
- Sugar free granulated sweetener (optional)
- Coconut oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Healthy Apple Cheesecake Muffins (Gluten, Nut, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Breakfast Apple Pie (Gluten, Nut, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Pear Pudding Cakes (Gluten, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cake (Gluten, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese Mousse with Chocolate Cookie Crumble (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Plum & Fig Walnut Crumble Pie (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chia Pudding Tartlet (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Chocolate Oat Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Raspberry & Nectarine Mini Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Rhubarb & Cardamom Breakfast Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese Yogurt Soufflé (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Mini Vanilla Pies with Berries (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Rhubarb Vanilla Muffins with Cream Cheese (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese Overnight Oats (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the batter
- 1 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 dl Applesauce
- 1/2 dl Milk (plant based or regular)
- 2-4 tbsp Sugar free granulated sweetener (opt)
- 1 small Apple grated
For the crumble
- 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar free granulated sweetener (opt)
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius or the Air fryer to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Grate the apple and squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible. Set aside.
- Combine oat flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in a bowl, set aside.
- Combine apple sauce and milk in another bowl.
- Add the granulated sweetener, whisk until combined.
- Next add the dry ingredients to the wet, stir until combined.
- Stir in the grated apple until incorporated.
- Combine the ingredients for the crumble in a small bowl.
- Divide the batter between two muffin tins. Add the crumble on top and press down gently into the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or in an air fryer for 12-16 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for a few minutes.