This recipe is for a creamy, quick, easy, nutritious and delicious Cottage Cheese Mousse topped with Chocolate Cookie Crumble. A few easy ingredients and 5-10 minutes is all it takes to make this creamy cottage cheese mousse . Make it for breakfast, brunch, afternoon snack or dessert. It is both gluten and sugar free.
My latest addition to my favorite cottage cheese dishes! A creamy, easy, quick, healthy and incredibly delicious cottage cheese mousse! This mousse is made with cottage cheese, quark, creamy cashew butter and sweetener. My favorite way of eating it is by layering it with cashew butter and adding an easy and quick chocolate cookie crumble on top. With just four ingredients and five minutes you have a nutritious, healthy, quick, easy and tasty cottage cheese mousse that is high in protein, good fats with a lovely creamy texture and wonderful taste. This cottage cheese mousse is great to make for breakfast, afternoon snack, to bring on the go or serve for a healthy and easy dessert. The flavoring and topping can be easily be varied and adjusted according to taste. It is gluten and sugar free.
A few tips:
- I used natural quark for this cottage cheese mousse. You can also use Greek yogurt, regular yogurt or a flavored yogurt. The amount of quark/yogurt might need to be adjusted depending on which one you choose to use.
- I used cashew butter to make this mousse since it has a wonderful creamy texture with sweet notes. You can use any nut/seed butter you like or have at home. But the flavor of the mousse will vary depending on which one you use and might be more forthcoming compared to cashew butter.
- I also used cashew butter for the layering, here you can use any nut/seed butter of your choice and liking.
- The chocolate cookie crumble can be made by mixing the ingredients in a small bowl or by quickly frying them in a pan until combined and slightly roasted.
- Adjust the amount of sweetener depending on how sweet you prefer your mousse.
- Make this cottage cheese mousse and eat right away or store in the fridge until ready to eat.
- I would recommend you to add the crumble just before eating, to prevent it from becoming soggy and wet.
- The cottage cheese mousse is good to store in the fridge for up to five days.
Ingredients for this Cottage Cheese Overnight Oats:
- Oat flour
- Cacao powder
- Sugar free granulated sweetener
- Coconut oil
- Cottage cheese
- Cashew butter
- Sugar free powdered sugar
- Stevia vanilla drops or vanilla extract
Other recipes you might like:
- Cottage Cheese Overnight Oats (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chia Pudding Tartlet (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Overnight Chia Oats with Peach Sauce (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese with Summer Fruits (Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Raspberry & Nectarine Mini Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Yogurt Parfait with Cherries & Chocolate Waffles (Vegetarian, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cookie Dough Nice Cream (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese & Yogurt Soufflé (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- High Protein Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bread Buns (Gluten Free)
- Swedish Semla Chia Pudding (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Spiced Chia Pudding with Apple Sauce & Granola (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cardamom Overnight Oats with Fried Apples & Yogurt (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Layered Overnight Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Greek Yogurt with Home Made Raspberry Jam & Granola (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Vanilla Overnight Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Cottage Cheese Mousse with Chocolate Cookie Crumble (Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the crumble
- 2 tbsp Oat flour
- 2 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp Sugar free granulated sweetener
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil melted
Cottage cheese mousse
- 3 dl Cottage cheese
- 1 dl Quark (or 1-2 tablespoons more as needed)
- 4 tbsp Cashew butter
- 3-5 tbsp Sugar free powdered sugar
- 3-5 drops Stevia vanilla drops (or some vanilla extract)
- Cashew butter
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the ingredients for the crumble, lower the heat and stir to combine. Fry for just 1-2 minutes, until it starts to get slightly roasted and golden brown (this step is optional). Or just combine the ingredients in a small bowl (using melted coconut oil).
- Add the ingredients for the cottage cheese mousse to a blender and mix until smooth. Taste to check if more sweetener, cashew butter or quark is needed.
- Fill the glasses 1/3 of the way up. Spread some cashew butter over the cottage cheese mousse. Repeat layering 1-2 more times with cashew butter. Sprinkle with the chocolate cookie crumble on top and serve immediately.