This is a delicious, tasty and fresh salad that is both easy and quick to make. It only requires a few simple ingredients and about 20 minutes to prepare (not counting the marinating time). Make this dish for lunch, dinner or meal prep purpose. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
Salads are always my go-to meals, both for lunch and dinner! A salad might sound boring, but I would say they’re quite the opposite. They can be made in so many different ways, using so many different ingredients and made both easy and simple but also more advanced. This salad is an easy, fresh, crunchy yet very delicious and taste salad made with chicken, lots of crunchy vegetables and delicious creamy and salty feta cheese. This salad is easy to make, doesn’t require much effort from your end but still so delicious, healthy and easy to adapt. I love making this salad both for lunch, dinner or meal prep purpose. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Let the chicken marinate for at least 20 minutes, but preferably 60, or even over night. The longer the better.
- I love to first fry my chicken fillets in a pan and then bake them in the oven. I really feel the chicken turns out more juicy and tender then by only frying it in the pan.
- I usually bake my chicken at 150 degrees, this to make sure it doesn’t get overcooked or dry. The best option to get a perfectly baked chicken is to use a thermometer and let it bake until it reached 73-74 degrees Celsius.
- You can easily switch the vegetables for other ones that you prefer or have at home.
- My best tip to make a salad interesting and fun is to 1. use vegetables of different colors, 2. cut the vegetables into different shapes and sizes.
Ingredients for this Soy & Honey Marinated Chicken Salad:
- Chicken fillets
- Tamari or soy sauce
- Fiber syrup, honey or agave
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Mixed green leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sugar snaps
- Red onion
- Feta cheese
Other recipes you might like:
- Ajvar Seasoned Chicken Bowl (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spiced Chicken with Plums (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- North African Meatballs On Cauliflower Purée with Chermoula
- Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Summer Vegetable Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Salmon Poke Bowl (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Prosciutto Peach Salad (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Zucchini Ricotta Fritter Salad with Grilled Vegetables (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Halloumi Salad Bowl (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Fresh Fig & Prosciutto Goat Cheese Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Kale Salad with Pear & Blue Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Prawn Halloumi Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Soy & Honey Marinated Chicken Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
For the chicken
- 2 Chicken fillets
- 3 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Fiber syrup, honey or agave
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2-3 Garlic cloves minced
- Olive oil, to fry
For the salad
- 100 g Mixed green leaves
- 1/3 Cucumber sliced
- 8-10 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 6-8 Sugar snaps cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small Red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 package Feta cheese crumbled
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
- Add the chicken fillets to a plastic bag and pour the marinade to the bag. Make sure the marinade covered all parts of the chicken. Let it rest for 20-60 minutes (or over night if prefered). (This part can be prepared in advance).
- Combine tamari/soy sauce with fiber syrup/honey/agave in a bowl.
- When ready to make the chicken preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Preheat a nonstick pan with some olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken fillets to the hot pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown on the surface.
- Add the chicken fillets to a oven safe baking pan and bake in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the salad by adding mixed green leaves to a bowl.
- Add the sliced cucumber, red onion, cut tomatoes and sugar snaps.
- When the chicken is ready take it out of the oven and slice into 1/2 cm thick slices.
- Add on top of the salad and then crumble feta cheese on top.